Report: Paul Pierce to Participate in NBA’s Three-Point Contest

Report: Paul Pierce to Participate in NBA's Three-Point Contest Early last week, Paul Pierce submitted his case to participate in this year's Three-Point Shootout in Dallas. According to teammate Eddie House, Pierce will be getting his wish.

House said on WEEI's Dale & Holley Show that Pierce will indeed represent the Celtics in the contest during All-Star weekend.

Pierce, 32, is knocking down threes at an unbelievable rate this year. His 46.7 percent mark from beyond the arc is nearly a full 10 percentage points higher than his career average of 36.0. He has not finished a season with a 3-point percentage higher than 40 percent since the 2001-02 campaign.

He is, according to his blog on Boston.com, out to redeem himself.

"I only made eight shots!" Pierce said. "I was EMBARRASSED! … So I want to try to redeem myself from that embarrassment, man. I feel like I put in a lot of time on my shooting."

Pierce said being a participant in the contest wasn't his only extraneous goal this season.

"I wanted to shoot over 44 percent from the 3 this year," he said. "You know that’s the Danny Ainge line that used to be the team record until Eddie House edged him out last year. I told E-House back in training camp that I was shooting for his record. I told him and had been doing a lot of 3-point shooting and just shooting in general. I told him that was one of my goals."

Pierce left Monday's game in Washington after Caron Butler fell on Pierce's left foot. Pierce tried to return to the game but watched much of the second half from the bench. Though original reports said the injury could be as serious as a broken foot, the Celtics classified it as a strain and don't expect Pierce to be out too long.

Yardbarker

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 191,611 other followers