4:40 p.m.: Would the Blue Jackets have some interest in Sheldon Souray?
The Columbus Post-Dispatch points out that the Jackets had initial interest in Souray prior to the season, and while the team has kept quiet on the veteran defenseman, it may be something to keep an eye on.
4:30 p.m.: The Red Wings, who only have about $700,000 of cap room figure to be quiet at the deadline.
However, the Detroit Free Press that the Wings won’t make that decision for sure until they find out the status of goalie Chris Osgood.
Osgood is recovering from sports hernia surgery, and Detroit will wait until the end of the week for a staturs report on the veteran goalie before deciding if they need to make a move.
They’d also be open to moving for the NHL deadline version of relief pitching — a veteran defenseman.
1 p.m.: According to the Toronto Sun, the Avalanche are likely to make a move for Panthers goaltender Tomas Vokoun. The Capitals have also been linked with the netminder.
12 p.m.: Minnesota Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has hinted that his team won’t be making moves before the deadline.
According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Fletcher has said that he’s not willing to sacrifice the future for the present.
“We’re not mortgaging the future.”
Likewise, he also recently said that the team won’t be selling before the deadline.
“In some scenarios, maybe you buy and sell, but we’re not a seller,” Fletcher said Friday morning. “We like our team. They’ve battled hard to get this far. … We’re hoping to make the playoffs with this group.”
11:30 a.m.: Colorado Avalanche forward Milan Hejduk on potentially waiving his no-trade clause, per the Denver Post:
“That’s an interesting question. I haven’t thought about it yet. We’ll see what’s going to come in the next whatever it is. . . . I’ve played all my career here, and I would like it to stay that way. We’ll see.”
11 a.m: Another Oiler potentially on the move is Ales Hemsky, as both the Kings and the Capitals have interest in the 27-year-old forward. Nothing, however, appears to be imminent.
10:30 a.m.: According to the Toronto Sun, Brad Richards likely won’t be on the move before the deadline, and while he’ll be a free agent after the season, his first choice will be to stay in Dallas.
If that’s not in the cards, his second choice would be to go to Tampa Bay, and heading to Madison Square Garden to become a Ranger would be his third choice.
10 a.m.: Given that the Bruins gave up quite a lot to bring Tomas Kaberle to the TD Garden, making sure he stays in Boston past this season is likely a high priority.
The 2011 unrestricted free agent may be willing to do so, but nothing will happen until the end of the campaign.
“I’ve had some brief conversations with [his agent] Rich Curran, his agent, and nothing is forthcoming and nothing will be forthcoming until after the season. But I’ve had a good history with Rick [Curran] and Orr Hockey Group and we’ve had a good history. I think it would be smooth sailing to sign him when it comes to that time. So it’s an important part of this deal because we are giving up significant assets,” said Peter Chiarelli.
9:30 a.m.: The Oilers, one of this market’s biggest sellers, are reportedly willing to part ways with Dustin Penner, and both Montreal and Los Angeles have emerged as serious suitors.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP