More than 100 years of history in Boston sports have been boiled down to memories and moments that need little explanation.
Breaking the curse
Handing over No. 7
Super Bowl XXXVI
B's lift Lord Stanley
The Bloody Sock
The snow kick
These are just a few of the moments that will live on in NESN's Boston's Greatest Sports Moment bracket, which has gone from 64 to 16 in a matter of weeks.
Going from 32 to 16 was no easy task, though, as three matchups were determined by percentage points and came down to the final minutes of voting on Monday.
Tim Thomas' stick save on Steve Downie went down to the wire with David Ortiz's Game 4 walk-off homer, with Thomas eventually earning the narrow victory with 50.36 percent of the vote.
Likewise, The Impossible Dream was in a virtual tie with the Tuck Rule Play until the final minutes of voting. The Tuck Rule Play eventually ended up the winner there with 50.34 percent of the votes.
Fans also had trouble deciding between John Havlicek's legendary steal and the Jason Varitek–Alex Rodriguez fight from 2004. Varitek's punch of A-Rod came out on top in that matchup with 50.08 percent of votes — the closest vote of the tournament.
As difficult as the decisions in Round 2 were, they're only going to get harder this time around.
Here are the complete results from Round 2.
1. Red Sox snap curse vs. 8. Russell's 30-40 in '62
Winner: Red Sox snap curse (97 percent)
4. Marciano goes 49-0 vs. 5. Ty Law's Super pick
Winner: Marciano goes 49-0 (56 percent)
6. Bourque gives Esposito No. 7 vs. 14. Jim Rice to the rescue
Winner: Bourque/Espoito (56 percent)
2. Flutie's Hail Mary vs. 10. Ryder's glove save
Winner: Ryder's glove save (52 percent)
1. Pats win SB XXXVI vs. 8. Orr's No. 4 retired
Winner: Patriots win SB XXXVI (54 percent)
4. Papi Game 4 walk-off vs. 12. Thomas' stick save
Winner: Thomas' stick save (50.63 percent)
3. Tuck Rule Play vs. 6. Impossible Dream
Winner: Tuck Rule Play (50.34 percent)
2. Bruins win '11 Cup vs. 7. Bird's steal
Winner: Bruins win '11 Cup (86 percent)
1. Orr's goal vs. 9. Horton's game-winner against Tampa
Winner: Orr's goal (84 percent)
4. Russell's final title vs. 5. Curt's bloody sock
Winner: Curt's bloody sock (73 percent)
6. Ted Williams at '99 ASG vs. 14. Neely nets 50 in 44
Winner: Neely nets 50 in 44 (55 percent)
2. Fisk waves ball fair vs. 7. Damon's grand slam
Winner: Fisk waves ball fair (76 percent)
9. Vinatieri's snow kick vs. 16. Milbury's shoe attack
Winner: Vinatieri's snow kick (56 percent)
4. Pedro's '99 relief vs. 12. Pats' Super Bowl team introduction
Winner: Pedro's '99 relief (54 percent)
3. Havlicek steals the ball vs. 6. Varitek/A-Rod brawl
Winner: Varitek/A-Rod brawl (50.08 percent)
2. Roberts steals second vs. 10. Drew's grand slam
Winner: Roberts steals second (92 percent)
Share your thoughts about Boston's Greatest Sports Moment on Twitter at @NESN. Include #BGSM in your tweet.