Pierzynski was again voted the most hated player in Major League Baseball in a recent Men's Journal survey, NBC Sports' HardballTalk blog points out.
Only 100 MLB players were polled, but Pierzynski was the overwhelming winner (or loser), garnering 34 percent of the votes. He edged out Alex Rodriguez (10 percent) and Nick Swisher (9 percent), who check in at second and third, respectively, on the list.
Marlins skipper Ozzie Guillen, who used to manage Pierzynski in Chicago, was voted the least respected manager, grabbing 36 percent of the votes. Pierzynski's teammate, Orlando Hudson, was voted the league's biggest trash talker.
Dodgers reliever Todd Coffey was voted the player in the worst shape, according to HardballTalk.
Some other survey highlights, courtesy of CBS Chicago, can be seen below. The July edition of Men's Journal, which will feature the complete survey results, hits newsstands this Friday.
Who is the most hated player?
1. A.J. Pierzynski (White Sox), 34 percent
2. Alex Rodriguez (Yankees), 10 percent
3. Nick Swisher (Yankees), 9 percent
Which city has the best groupies?
1. Chicago, 27 percent
2. Scottsdale, Ariz. (spring training), 13 percent
3. Toronto, 9 percent
Who is the least respected manager?
1. Ozzie Guillen (Marlins), 36 percent
2. Bobby Valentine (Red Sox), 14 percent
3. Manny Acta (Indians), 5 percent
Which team would you least like to play for?
1. Athletics, 19 percent
2. Blue Jays, 10 percent
3. Royals, 9 percent
Who is the biggest trash talker?
1. Orlando Hudson (White Sox), 31 percent
2. Nyjer Morgan, (Brewers), 17 percent
3. Chris Carpenter (Cardinals), 14 percent
Which city has the most obnoxious fans?
1. Philadelphia, 36 percent
2. San Francisco, 22 percent
3. New York, 12 percent