Reporting to the VP of Programming & Production/Executive Producer, the Red Sox Remote Coordinating Producer is a high-profile, senior production position responsible for the conceptual planning, daily oversight, coordination and creative execution of Red Sox Remote Productions. This includes leading or producing 150 MLB events, 14 spring training events and 49 days of live coverage from spring training. He/she will be responsible for content and execution of the events to the highest industry standards and strategic planning for where the future of television sports is going.
The position is strong in creative and interactive duties; daily oversight, mentoring and coordination of Red Sox on-air talent. The CP will execute live event line-producing and mentoring oversight of production personnel including producers, associate producers, and production assistants. The CP will also have secondary oversight of all other Red Sox content, 75+ Bruins events and producing a wide range of special projects both studio and event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate, supervise and execute high quality, well resourced Red Sox event telecasts for a passionate fan base with a storied history.
- Lead and implement the production plan for Boston Red Sox baseball and other events, as assigned, in collaboration with the VP of Programming & Production/Executive Producer.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for executing the next generation of sports coverage in collaboration with the VP of Programming & Production/Executive Producer.
- Lead the network’s production and programming vision for event coverage and ensure that Boston Red Sox baseball, Bruins hockey and other events are consistent with NESN’s business strategy.
- Develop and implement a focused role for all talent assigned to the telecasts. Coach and mentor talent accordingly.
- Plan continuous improvement by leading planning calls, conducting telecast screenings, critiques and review of work.
- Make recommendations to the VP of Programming & Production/Executive Producer for improvements to the in-game presentation and sales opportunities on a consistent basis throughout the course of the season.
- Lead and supervise the Boston Red Sox baseball remote production and technical staff in collaboration with the Sr. Coordinating Director of remote.
- Develop a plan and lead implementation for spring training and off-season coverage
- Work closely with the Director of Operations of NESN’s Television Center and the finance department to develop and manage the day-to-day show budget for Boston Red Sox baseball. Regular analysis of current business practices by NESN and others that lead to increased sales opportunities or financial efficiencies is critical to the process. The budget for the show is expected to meet targeted goals as approved in the operating plan.
- Develop and present a comprehensive analysis of each season within one month of the conclusion of the telecast schedule.
- Work with the Director of Creative Services to identify and communicate productions’ graphic needs
- Work with the VP of Marketing on seamless implementation of promotional elements
- Develop and suggest new ideas for sales and marketing
- Participate in the department’s senior management team, as established by the VP of Programming & Production/Executive Producer, to contribute to the growth and success of the programming and production department and the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required by the VP of Programming & Production/ Executive Producer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years experience in live sports event producing at a high level is required, MLB and NHL experience preferred.
- 10+ years experience supervising talent, producers, staff in a dynamic environment at home and on-the-road at professional’s stadiums.
- Strong editorial judgment skills and deep knowledge of area sports teams, traditions, venues, and storylines.
- Proven track record of maintaining good relationships with teams
- Extensive Boston sports knowledge, particularly in baseball and hockey, very strong Red Sox and Bruins knowledge preferred.
- 5+ years RSN experience highly preferred
- Experience developing and executing social media and interactive components to drive younger demos on telecasts.
- Supervisory experience, mentoring skills, and talent coaching abilities are required
- Experience coordinating sales, promotional and team elements along with story telling
- Experience adhering to and working with production budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills required
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment across various departments
- A demonstrated ability work under limited supervision in a high pressure environment is essential
- Knowledge of broadcast equipment for live sports and office software such as Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is necessary
- The ability to operate studio and remote production equipment is required
- Experience with linear and non-linear editing equipment is preferred
- Understanding of Nielsen metrics including demos, quarter hours and TSV
- Full knowledge of production equipment and inner workings of production facilities
NESN is an E.O.E
Work in sports! Follow @NESNCareers...