Sr. Financial Analyst
The New England Sports Network (NESN) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports network in the country and was the first regional sports network in the country to originate every game and studio show in high definition.
NESN was launched in 1984 as one of the country’s first regional sports networks. We’re currently New England’s largest television network reaching over 4 million homes in 9 designated market areas. We provide extended basic cable channel + distribution on all major satellite providers and telecast approximately 150 Red Sox games throughout New England. We had the highest baseball ratings of any regional sports network in the country from 2004 to 2009. We telecast approximately 73 Bruins regular season games and the first two playoff rounds exclusively. We’re a leader in high definition broadcasts and NESN produces all Red Sox and Bruins games in HD, as well as all studio programs from our 40,000 square foot state-of–the art facility. We produce other local programs and events including NESN Daily, Beanpot Hockey, Hockey East, Champions Cup Boston Tennis, Minor League Baseball and the Little League New England Regional Tournament. We’re located 5 miles from downtown Boston in Watertown, MA
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Sr. Financial Analyst will support the organizations’ management in the areas of financial planning, new media, internal operational workflows, information systems and business analysis. This position will be involved in a broad range of business issues while providing leadership in the decision making process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations
- Manages advertising and affiliate revenue reporting and analysis and continuously evaluates opportunities for improved metrics.
- Actively supports new media strategic planning, analytics and ad sales
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve company processes, information, and business results
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business information systems and user needs. Make recommendations for systems solutions and leads the efforts to document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate solutions to parallel business strategies
- Identify trends and developments in the industry and competitive environment and presents findings to senior management.
- Special projects as assigned by senior management such as white papers, new business analysis, investment analysis, etc.
- Responsible for departmental financial reporting, planning and analysis
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in business management, finance and accounting
- 4 years of business experience in a financial reporting role, corporate accounting and public accounting.
- Experience with developing complex models in Excel; excellent analytical and modeling skills are required
- Strong ability in writing both short, highly analytical pieces as well as longer, more discursive analyses
- Experience in partnering with non-financial functions within an organization and effectively communicating results, trends, etc. is essential.
- Ability to work across an organization and effect change management
- Knowledge of Broadcast Media industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures a plus
- Ability to identify specific risks and opportunities and take action to make improvements within the organization.
- Experience with applying quantitative and qualitative factors as well as business experience to make appropriate recommendations to senior leadership.
- Ability to accurately monitor and project an organization’s financial performance
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical, financial, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and leadership skills are required.
- Ability to research problems independently and propose business solutions
- Partner with Sales to conduct profitability and breakeven scenario analysis
- Additional responsibilities as assigned or requested
NESN is an E.O.E
Director of Production/Sr. Coordinating Producer