NESN.com – NESN Nation Intern
2013 SPRING SEMESTER
Must be able to receive college credit for this internship and provide verification that credit will be received.
Provide a variety of support to NESN Nation’s game-day operations while gaining valuable experience in various aspects of new media.
- Generate ideas for video features
- Film, edit and post relevant vide
- Write, copy edit, post and update stories
- Edit and post relevant photos and audio content
- Research future projects
- Assist with other facets of editorial web video production
- Must be able to receive college credit for this internship and provide verification that credit will be received
- Must have solid knowledge of and interest in sports — a background in hockey is especially helpful
- Excellent research and organizational skills and must be detail oriented
- Must possess basic journalistic skills — copy editing, familiarity with AP Style, etc.
- Ability to be successful working in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Available and willing to work night and weekend shifts
- Must have basic experience working with video or still cameras and a working knowledge of aesthetic broadcast principles
- Experience working with/having knowledge of new media practices and/or multiple media formats — text, video, audio and photo is a plus
- Pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field is preferred
NESN is an equal opportunity employer