Syracuse Guard Michael Carter-Williams’ House Catches Fire During Tournament Game

2,191

Michael Carter WilliamsMinutes after helping lead Syracuse to a 66-60 win over California in the third round of the NCAA tournament, Michael Carter-Williams received some unsettling news.

Carter-Williams’ mother informed the Orange guard that the family’s home in Hamilton, Mass., had caught fire during the game. According to WCVB, the blaze, which started around 10:15 p.m. Saturday night, was likely caused by an outdoor wood stove and took firefighters from around the North Shore several hours to extinguish.

Carter-Williams chose not to comment on the fire to the media, but assured fans via his Twitter account that the rest of his family members, who were watching the game from home, made it out of the house safely.

[tweet https://twitter.com/MJCWilliams/statuses/315844781169328129 align=’center’]

The sophomore had 12 points in 38 minutes for the Orange, top-seeded Indiana in the Sweet 16 later this week.

© 2016 New England Sports Network

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 264,945 other followers