Russell Wilson led the Seattle Seahawks past the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII, and his surge to the top of the league also vaulted him to the top of the top 50 player sales list, the NFL Players Association announced Monday.
The former third-round pick jumped from 19th overall in merchandise sales last year to the No. 1 spot, dropping Peyton Manning to second on the list, which measures sales figures from March 1, 2013, through Feb. 28, 2014.
Wilson was also joined by two teammates near the top of the list. Running back Marshawn Lynch ranked seventh, while defensive back Richard Sherman occupied the No. 12 spot.
The rest of the top 10 — with Lynch providing the only exception — was comprised of quarterbacks, including New England Patriots QB Tom Brady who came in at No. 6 overall.
Check out the top 10 below and click here for the top-50 player sales list.
1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
3. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
4. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
6. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
7. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
8. Eli Manning, New York Giants
9. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
10. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Powered by WordPress.com VIP