One of baseball’s originals, Comiskey Park lived from 1910 through the Black Sox Scandal and years and years of less intriguing baseball until it was demolished in 1990. Comiskey Park was one of the first ballparks to be made of concrete and steel and could hold 32,000 people when it was first made, a record for the time. It was a pitcher’s park, and no player ever hit 100 home runs in its history. The most memorable parts of the park, though, were the additions made by Bill Veeck, who owned the White Sox from 1959 to 1961 and 1975 to 1981. He installed all kinds of quirky features, like a shower for fans for hot days and the pinwheels the made the “exploding” scoreboard. Comiskey Park was demolished in 1991 after ownership threatened to move the team if money couldn’t be found for a new stadium, but its outline remains on what is now the new Comiskey Park’s parking lot.