Following are complete fantasy football rankings based on this week's matchups for all the major positions (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, team defense). They are based on a combined yardage/scoring system (four points for a passing touchdown, six points for a rushing/receiving touchdown, one point for every 25 passing yards, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards).
Last Updated: 9/19
Next Updated: 9/23
* = check status
1. Drew Brees, NO at PHI
2. Aaron Rodgers, GB vs. CIN
3. Peyton Manning, IND at MIA
4. Kurt Warner, ARI at JAC
5. Tom Brady, NE at NYJ
6. *Tony Romo, DAL vs. NYG: He's better off without Owens.
7. Ben Roethlisberger, PIT at CHI: Can carry the offense if needed.
8. Matt Ryan, ATL vs. CAR
9. Matt Schaub, HOU at TEN
10. David Garrard, JAC vs. ARI
11. Philip Rivers, SD vs. BAL: Skills are there but hard to root for.
12. Matt Hasselbeck, SEA at SF
13. Jay Cutler, CHI vs. PIT: Mechanics were a mess in opener.
14. Carson Palmer, CIN at GB
15. Trent Edwards, BUF vs. TB: Showed poise in the near-miss at Foxboro.
16. Eli Manning, NYG at DAL
17. Jason Campbell, WAS vs. STL
18. Joe Flacco, BAL at SD: Expect a major step forward.
19. Shaun Hill, SF vs. SEA: Don't laugh, he's winning ballgames.
20. *Kyle Orton, DEN vs. CLE
21. Mark Sanchez, NYJ vs. NE
22. Chad Pennington, MIA vs. IND
23. Byron Leftwich, TB at BUF: Slowest windup in the league.
24. Brett Favre, MIN at DET: He's not a lead singer any longer.
25. Jake Delhomme, CAR at ATL
26. Brady Quinn, CLE at DEN: Short arm limits the offense.
27. *Matt Cassel, KC vs. OAK
28. JaMarcus Russell, OAK at KC: So much for the combine notes.
29. Kerry Collins, TEN vs. HOU
30. *Kevin Kolb, PHI vs. NO: McNabb listed as doubtful.
31. Matthew Stafford, DET vs. MIN
32. Marc Bulger, STL at WAS
33. Pat White, MIA vs. IND
1. Adrian Peterson, MIN at DET: Impossible to stop in that angry second gear.
2. Michael Turner, ATL vs. CAR
3. Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC vs. ARI
4. Frank Gore, SF vs. SEA
5. Clinton Portis, WAS vs. STL
6. DeAngelo Williams, CAR at ATL
7. Steven Jackson, STL at WAS
8. Brian Westbrook, PHI vs. NO
9. Chris Johnson, TEN vs. HOU
10. Fred Jackson, BUF vs. TB: Will he be ahead of Lynch come Week 4?
11. Ryan Grant, GB vs. CIN
12. Matt Forte, CHI vs. PIT
13. Brandon Jacobs, NYG at DAL
14. *Jamal Lewis, CLE at DEN: Didn't look bad in opener against Vikings.
15. Darren McFadden, OAK at KC
16. Marion Barber, DAL vs. NYG
17. *Darren Sproles, SD vs. BAL
18. Cedric Benson, CIN at GB
19. Ray Rice, BAL at SD: Dynamic between the 20s but can he score 6-7 times?
20. Steve Slaton, HOU at TEN: Give everyone here a mulligan.
21. Thomas Jones, NYJ vs. NE
22. Ronnie Brown, MIA vs. IND
23. Joseph Addai, IND at MIA
24. Kevin Smith, DET vs. MIN
25. Leon Washington, NYJ vs. NE: Opening-day workload is encouraging.
26. Reggie Bush, NO at PHI
27. Tim Hightower, ARI at JAC: More versatile than Wells at this point.
28. Julius Jones, SEA at SF
29. Larry Johnson, KC vs. OAK
30. Cadillac Williams, TB at BUF: No one saw this comeback story developing.
31. *Mike Bell, NO at PHI
32. Chester Taylor, MIN at DET
33. *Jonathan Stewart, CAR at ATL
34. Correll Buckhalter, DEN vs. CLE
35. Michael Bush, OAK at KC
36. *Willie Parker, PIT at CHI: Looked slow, indecisive in opener.
37. LenDale White, TEN vs. HOU
38. Derrick Ward, TB at BUF
39. *Mewelde Moore, PIT at CHI: Improved blocking skills adds to his viability.
40. Kevin Faulk, NE at NYJ
41. Ladell Betts, WAS vs. STL
42. Laurence Maroney, NE at NYJ: Might be head of committee, but touch count has a cap.
43. Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG at DAL
44. Jamaal Charles, KC vs. OAK
45. Ricky Williams, MIA vs. IND
46. *Felix Jones, DAL vs. NYG: Sore thigh held him back in opener.
47. Willis McGahee, BAL at SD
48. *Knowshon Moreno, DEN vs. CLE: Check back in October.
49. Donald Brown, IND at MIA
50. Jerious Norwood, ATL vs. CAR
51. Fred Taylor, NE at NYJ
52. Chris Wells, ARI at JAC
53. LeSean McCoy, PHI vs. NO
54. *Pierre Thomas, NO at PHI: Questionable, you can't risk it.
55. LeRon McClain, BAL at SD
56. Edgerrin James, SEA at SF
57. *James Davis, CLE at DEN
58. DeShawn Wynn, GB vs. CIN
59. Rashard Mendenhall, PIT at CHI: Looks like the No. 3 back here.
60. Chris Brown, HOU at TEN
61. Earnest Graham, TB at BUF
62. Peyton Hillis, DEN vs. CLE
63. Michael Bennett, SD vs. BAL
1. Reggie Wayne, IND at MIA: Ultimate technician, forever underrated.
2. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI at JAC
3. Calvin Johnson, DET vs. MIN
4. Andre Johnson, HOU at TEN
5. Randy Moss, NE at NYJ
6. *Greg Jennings, GB vs. CIN: Baby, you're a big star now.
7. Roddy White, ATL vs. CAR
8. Marques Colston, NO at PHI
9. Chad Ochocinco, CIN at GB: Says a Lambeau Leap is coming.
10. *Wes Welker, NE at NYJ
11. Steve Smith, CAR at ATL: Can his QB get him the ball?
12. Santonio Holmes, PIT at CHI
13. Dwayne Bowe, KC vs. OAK
14. Terrell Owens, BUF vs. TB: Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
15. Devin Hester, CHI vs. PIT
16. Roy Williams, DAL vs. NYG
17. Eddie Royal, DEN vs. CLE: We'll wait one more week here.
18. Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ vs. NE: He's clicked quickly with Sanchez.
19. Vincent Jackson, SD vs. BAL
20. *T.J. Houshmandzadeh, SEA at SF
21. *Anquan Boldin, ARI at JAC
22. Hines Ward, PIT at CHI
23. Brandon Marshall, DEN vs. CLE
24. Lee Evans, BUF vs. TB
25. Derrick Mason, BAL at SD
26. Santana Moss, WAS vs. STL
27. DeSean Jackson, PHI vs. NO
28. Torry Holt, JAC vs. ARI
29. Justin Gage, TEN vs. HOU: Brings his hoop skills to the gridiron.
30. Nate Burleson, SEA at SF: Has an outside shot at 8 TDs.
31. Braylon Edwards, CLE at DEN
32. Donald Driver, GB vs. CIN
33. *Lance Moore, NO at PHI
34. Donnie Avery, STL at WAS
35. *Bernard Berrian, MIN at DET
36. Earl Bennett, CHI vs. PIT: Possession guy, good for PPR formats.
37. Michael Clayton, TB at BUF: Back from the dead with Bryant out.
38. Steve Smith, NYG at DAL
39. Isaac Bruce, SF vs. SEA
40. Josh Morgan, SF vs. SEA
41. Ted Ginn, MIA vs. IND
42. Laveranues Coles, CIN at GB: Too many drops in opener.
43. Nate Washington, TEN vs. HOU
44. *Kevin Walter, HOU at TEN
45. Percy Harvin, MIN at DET
46. Mark Clayton, BAL at SD
47. Mark Bradley, KC vs. OAK
48. Laurent Robinson, STL at WAS
49. Patrick Crayton, DAL vs. NYG: Will get 1-2 deep shots a week.
50. Chris Henry, CIN at GB
51. Domenik Hixon, NYG at DAL
52. Chansi Stuckey, NYJ vs. NE
53. Michael Jenkins, ATL vs. CAR
54. Pierre Garcon, IND at MIA
55. Davone Bess, MIA vs. IND: The money man on third down.
56. Muhsin Muhammad, CAR at ATL: Finally losing that critical step.
57. Bryant Johnson, DET vs. MIN
58. Jerheme Urban, ARI at JAC
59. Greg Camarillo, MIA vs. IND
60. Robert Meachem, NO at PHI
61. *Steve Breaston, ARI at JAC
62. Troy Williamson, JAC vs. ARI
63. Louis Murphy, OAK at KC: Showed some juice on Monday night.
64. Chris Chambers, SD vs. BAL
65. Andre Davis, HOU at TEN
66. Antwaan Randle El, WAS vs. STL
67. Devery Henderson, NO at PHI
68. Sidney Rice, MIN at DET
69. Malcolm Kelly, WAS vs. STL
70. Miles Austin, DAL vs. NYG
71. Mario Manningham, NYG at DAL: Growing up slowly, but there's a crowd here.
72. Mike Wallace, PIT at CHI
73. Kenny Britt, TEN vs. HOU
74. Josh Cribbs, CLE at DEN
75. Legedu Naanee, SD vs. BAL: Another hit for this deep offense.
76. Johnny Knox, CHI vs. PIT
77. Austin Collie, IND at MIA: Gets a shot with Gonzalez down.
78. Bobby Engram, KC vs. OAK
79. Jason Avant, PHI vs. NO
80. James Jones, GB vs. CIN
1. Dallas Clark, IND at MIA
2. Jason Witten, DAL vs. NYG
3. Tony Gonzalez, ATL vs. CAR: Deserves to be back in a winning city.
4. Chris Cooley, WAS vs. STL: Already matched hi 2008 touchdown total.
5. Antonio Gates, SD vs. BAL
6. John Carlson, SEA at SF
7. Zach Miller, OAK at KC
8. Greg Olsen, CHI vs. PIT: Cutler couldn't find him in opener.
9. *Jeremy Shockey, NO at PHI
10. Owen Daniels, HOU at TEN
11. Kellen Winslow, TB at BUF
12. Dustin Keller, NYJ vs. NE
13. Todd Heap, BAL at SD
14. Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN at DET
15. Brent Celek, PHI vs. NO: Has a legitimate shot at 6-8 TDs.
16. Heath Miller, PIT at CHI
17. Vernon Davis, SF vs. SEA
18. Anthony Fasano, MIA vs. IND
19. Ben Watson, NE at NYJ
20. Jermichael Finley, GB vs. CIN: Let's not dismiss his summer yet.
21. Kevin Boss, NYG at DAL
22. Randy McMichael, STL at WAS: By default, he'll get some looks.
23. Tony Scheffler, DEN vs. CLE
24. Daniel Graham, DEN vs. CLE
25. Robert Royal, CLE at DEN
26. Marcedes Lewis, JAC vs. ARI
27. Donald Lee, GB vs. CIN
28. *Jared Cook, TEN vs. HOU
29. Martellus Bennett, DAL vs. NYG: Their base offense includes him now.
30. Derek Schouman, BUF vs. TB
31. Shawn Nelson, BUF vs. TB
32. Jerramy Stevens, TB at BUF
1. Ryan Longwell, MIN at DET: When in doubt, look for an indoors blowout.
2. *Mason Crosby, GB vs. CIN
3. Rob Bironas, TEN vs. HOU
4. Stephen Gostkowski, NE at NYJ
5. John Carney, NO at PHI
6. Nick Folk, DAL vs. NYG: Hip looked healed in the opener.
7. Nate Kaeding, SD vs. BAL
8. Adam Vinatieri, IND at MIA
9. Rian Lindell, BUF vs. TB
10. David Akers, PHI vs. NO
11. *Jason Elam, ATL vs. CAR
12. Jeff Reed, PIT at CHI
13. Josh Scobee, JAC vs. ARI
14. Neil Rackers, ARI at JAC
15. John Kasay, CAR at ATL: Can you trust the offense he's tied to?
16. Steve Hauschka, BAL at SD
17. Jay Feely, NYJ vs. NE
18. Joe Nedney, SF vs. SEA
19. Olindo Mare, SEA at SF
20. Lawrence Tynes, NYG at DAL
21. Matt Prater, DEN vs. CLE
22. Kris Brown, HOU at TEN
23. Sebastian Janikowski, OAK at KC
24. Ryan Succop, KC vs. OAK: Distance won't be a problem with him.
25. Robbie Gould, CHI vs. PIT
26. Shaun Suisham, WAS vs. STL
27. Shayne Graham, CIN at GB
28. Dan Carpenter, MIA vs. IND
29. Mike Nugent, TB at BUF
30. Phil Dawson, CLE at DEN
31. Josh Brown, STL at WAS
32. *Jason Hanson, DET vs. MIN
1. Minnesota at Detroit: Let's pick on the rookie QB.
2. Pittsburgh at Chicago: Cutler will make loose throws when pressed.
3. Tennessee vs. Houston
4. Washington vs. St. Louis: Rent them for three weeks.
5. Atlanta vs. Carolina: Take advantage of Delhomme while you still can.
6. Green Bay vs. Cincinnati
7. San Diego vs. Baltimore
8. Baltimore at San Diego
9. Arizona at Jacksonville
10. New York Giants at Dallas
11. New Orleans at Philadelphia
12. New England at New York Jets: Not the same unit without Mayo.
13. Chicago vs. Pittsburgh
14. Dallas vs. New York Giants
15. New York Jets vs. New England: Unit is legit, but Brady should limit the damage.
16. Philadelphia vs. New Orleans
17. Indianapolis at Miami
18. Buffalo vs. Tampa Bay: They looked plucky in the opener.
19. Seattle at San Francisco
20. Oakland at Kansas City
21. San Francisco vs. Seattle
22. Jacksonville vs. Arizona
23. Cincinnati at Green Bay
24. Denver vs. Cleveland
25. Cleveland at Denver
26. Carolina at Atlanta: Too inconsistent to be trusted.
27. Houston at Tennessee
28. Kansas City vs. Oakland
29. Miami vs. Indianapolis
30. Tampa Bay at Buffalo
31. Detroit vs. Minnesota
32. St. Louis at Washington