Ultimate Fighting's "WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber" at Arco Arena in Sacramento saw Jose Aldo defeat Urijah Faber via unanimous decision on Saturday night for the WEC Featherweight title.
In another highly-touted match, Ben Henderson took down Donald Cerrone by submission thanks to a guillotine choke for the WEC lightweight crown.
Below are complete results from WEC 48
- Tyler Toner def. Brandon Visher via TKO (elbows) — 2:36 in Round 1
- Takeya Mizugaki def. Rani Yahya via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Chad Mendes def. Anthony Morrison via submission (guillotine choke) — 2:13 in Round 1
- Brad Pickett def. Demetrious Johnson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Anthony Pettis def. Alex Karalexis via submission (triangle choke) — 1:35 in Round 2
- Leonard Garcia def. Chan Sung Jung via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Shane Roller def. Anthony Njokuani via submission (read naked choke) — 3:07 in Round 1
- Manny Gamburyan def. Mike Brown via TKO (Strikes) — 2:22 in Round 1
- Ben Henderson def. Donald Cerrone via submission (guillotine choke) — 1:57 in Round 1 (WEC lightweight champion)
- Jose Aldo def. Urijah Faber via unanimous decision (49-45, 49-45, 50-45) (WEC featherweight champion)
"I was just waiting for the right time, and try to finish. Every time I step in the octagon, I always try to finish and unfortunately I wasn?t able to tonight," Aldo told commentator Joe Rogan of not finishing Faber off despite the win. "Every time I would try to kick, he would switch his base and I was aware of that. So I didn?t want to go outside of my limits and get caught in something ? He has a very strong right cross and I wanted to pay attention to that. I just was waiting for the right time to try to finish."