The fight that that many have dubbed "The Fight of the Century" may once again be put on hold, as Manny Pacquiao awaits Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s decision.

According to ESPN.com, Pacquiao’s adviser has met with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum in Las Vegas to look over alternative plans as it appears that Mayweather has missed Friday’s decision deadline for their proposed Nov. 13 fight.

Alternatives for Pacquiao include fighting former welterweight titleholder Antonio Margarito or a rematch with Miguel Cotto.

At the time, Arum said that Mayweather had up until the end of the week to make a decision, even if it meant deciding at 11 p.m. on Friday.

The deadline has passed, though, and there is still no word on whether Mayweather responded with a decision.

Arum has previously said that Mayweather’s camp has a contract for the fight and that Pacquiao agreed to the terms, which included changes in blood and urine drug testing leading up to the fight.

If Mayweather fails to make a decision, it will be the second time that the fight will be called off, making it increasingly likely that the fight everyone wants to see may never happen.

Negotiations for a fight crumbled in January due to a difference in opinion over the drug testing protocol.

Since then, Pacquiao and Mayweather have each collected another win in their impressive careers. Pacquiao defeated Joshua Clottey in March, while Mayweather took down Shane Mosley in May.

According to ESPN.com, Arum has said that if Pacquiao fights Cotto in a rematch, he would challenge for Cotto’s WBA belt. If Pacquiao fought Margarito, the two would battle for the vacant WBC version of the title.

While a fight with either Margarito or Cotto could be enticing to the boxing enthusiast, it would hardly generate the buzz that a Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown would.

Heavily regarded as the top two competitors in their sport, such a fight would likely shatter viewing and revenue records, in addition to answering the question of who the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is.