The game of basketball is being played Rajon Rondo’s way. Literally.
Red Bull has announced the Rajon Rondo 2-on-2 Basketball Tournament. It will be held in various cities — including Boston on Saturday — and will include 32 teams. The tournament also will also visit New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. The winner takes home $2,000.
Seems pretty straightforward, right? Well, everything is the same, except how points are scored. Rondo made up the rules himself, and every game will be scored according to these parameters:
- Two points for a made basket
- Three points for dunking on an opponent’s head
- Three points for blocking a dunk or pinning a shot on the backboard
- Three points for making a defender fall
- Three points for stripping the ball from the offensive player
There are no points for free throws (which makes sense given Rondo’s 63 percent career free-throw shooting average) or assists (which makes a little less sense).
For more information or if you think you have what it takes, visit the Red Bull 2-on-2 Revolution site .