Over the past 10 days, NESN.com Red Sox reporter Tony Lee has explored 10 different options for Terry Francona to ponder while filling out his lineup card this summer. With newcomers Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez, along with the return of Jacoby Ellsbury, this year's lineup figures to be a bit different from last year's.
Here's a rundown of the options.
1.Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez Balance Speed, Power in Red Sox Lineup
2. Marco Scutaro's Ability to Lead Off Will Serve Red Sox Well Against Southpaws in 2011
3. Mike Cameron, Jason Varitek, Jed Lowrie Give Red Sox Experienced Options Against Lefties
4. Pressure's on Jacoby Ellsbury Since Red Sox Now Have Other Leadoff Options
5. Jed Lowrie Gives Terry Francona Lineup Flexibility, Especially If Marco Scutaro Struggles
6. Dropping Carl Crawford to Fifth Creates Potent Red Sox Lineup, Keeps Sluggers in 'Normal' Slots
7. Red Sox Have Lineup Flexibility If David Ortiz Continues to Struggle Against Lefties
8. Mike Cameron, Darnell McDonald Reliable Options to Spell Red Sox Starting Outfielders
9. Batting David Ortiz, J.D. Drew Back-to-Back Is Risky But Could Be Terry Francona's Most Potent Option Against Righties
10. Jed Lowrie Capable to Spell Adrian Gonzalez if Slugger Needs a Day Off
Now, let your voice be heard, and vote for what you think is the best option for the Sox in 2011.
Voting will run until 12 p.m. on Feb. 14, when the winner will be announced.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP