The 2010 Red Sox season did not end the way Boston wanted, but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t anything to celebrate.
The Red Sox played some memorable games over their 162-game schedule. We have narrowed the list down to the eight best Red Sox games of 2010 that aired on NESN.
- Opening Day comeback win over Yankees, April 4 at Fenway Park
- Darnell McDonald playing hero against Rangers in his Red Sox debut, April 20 at Fenway Park
- Jeremy Hermida capping come-from-behind win over Yankees, May 18 at Yankee Stadium
- Dustin Pedroia hitting three home runs in 13-11 win over Rockies, June 24 at Coors Field
- Kevin Youkilis leading charge to 11th-inning win over Cliff Lee and Rangers, July 17 at Fenway Park
- Mike Lowell homering in his return from disabled list against Indians, Aug. 3 at Fenway Park
- Jon Lester, Daniel Bard and Jonathan Papelbon shutting down Yankees in pitcher’s duel, Aug. 9 at Yankee Stadium
- Jed Lowrie hitting 11th-inning walk-off home run against Blue Jays, Aug. 21 at Fenway Park
Now, it’s up to you to determine which game was the 2010 Red Sox game of year.
We have built a tournament-style bracket. Similar to the NCAA?s March Madness bracket, each game will go head-to-head against another game until only one game is left standing.
Vote for your choice on NESN.com, and follow the voting on NESN.com. The first round of voting will run until 12 p.m. ET on Thursday, Feb. 10. Click on the links below to vote for which game you thought was better.
Opening Day win or Lowrie’s walk-off homer?
McDonald’s debut or comeback over Yanks?
Youk leads rally or Lowell’s home run?
Pedroia’s three jacks or shutdown of Yanks?
The winner of each first-round matchup will advance to the next round, and voting will commence. The second round of voting will run until 12 p.m. ET on Monday, Feb. 14.
The winner of those matchups will advance to the championship round, and voting will commence and run until 12 p.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 18, when the champion will be crowned.
The best 2010 Red Sox game that aired on NESN will be broadcast on NESN on Monday, Feb. 21, at 7 p.m. ET.