NBA fans are spending a lot of green to wear a lot of green.
Of the top 15 most popular NBA jerseys, five currently belong to Boston Celtics players — Rajon Rondo, Shaquille O'Neal, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett — according to Boston.com and an NBA press release.
The C's have accomplished something that has never been done by any other team, as this marks the first time that five players from the same team have earned a place on the list.
Rondo is the highest-ranked Celtic with the third-most popular jersey among all NBA players, according to the press release. He's third only to LeBron James and Kobe Bryant.
James took over the No. 1 spot for the first time since April 2004, and Bryant fell to No. 2 after sitting atop the list since the beginning of the 2008-09 season.
The other four Celtics players on the list hold spots Nos. 12-15 with Shaq at No. 12, Allen at No. 13, Pierce at No. 14 and Garnett rounding out the list at No. 15.
The Celtics have the second most overall jersey sales out of all NBA teams for the third straight season, according to the NBA press release. Only the Lakers sell more than the C's, and L.A. has led this category for eight of the past nine seasons.
The top 15 list of the most popular NBA jerseys is based off sales at NBAStore.com since the tipoff of the 2010-11 season.
See the list below.
1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
3. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
4. Amar'e Stoudemire, New York Knicks
5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
7. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
8. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
9. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
10. John Wall, Washington Wizards
11. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
12. Shaquille O'Neal, Boston Celtics
13. Ray Allen, Boston Celtics
14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
15. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics