It appears as though the megafight will come to fruition on May 5, 2012.
Manny Pacquiao, who has been begging Floyd Mayweather Jr. to square off with him for years now, may finally get his chance, says Mayweather's adviser, according to ESPN.
"We're looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella," said promoter Leonard Eberle, likely referring to Pacquiao as "the little fella."
If and when the two go at it, will it be the most-hyped up match in the history of boxing?
It's tough to compare, below are some old bouts considered to be some of the most-hyped in the history of the sport.
- Jack Dempsey-Gene Tunney rematch, 1927
- Max Schmeling-Joe Louis, 1938
- Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier in 1971's "The Fight Of The Century"
- Ali-Frazier's "Thrilla in Manila" in 1975
- Ali-George Foreman's "The Rumble In the Jungle" in 1974
- Evander Holyfield-Mike Tyson rematch, 1997
- Oscar De La Hoya-Mayweather in 2007
- Pacquiao-De La Hoya in 2008