The assault and battery charges facing Mike Milbury were dropped on Friday.
A clerk magistrate ruled there was no probable cause to proceed with the charges, according to WCVB.
"I am hoping this will absolve things, and I will get back to work in the next few days," Milbury said, according to the report. "At this point, I am just thankful that the court ruled this way, and I am going to go home and get my voice ready to do some caroling."
Milbury had been accused of assaulting a 12-year-old boy at his son's youth hockey game, a claim he denied.
"No one was punched, kicked, or assaulted in any way," Milbury told The Boston Globe's Kevin Paul Dupont. "I grabbed the other kid by the sweater to stop a fight and, yeah, I swore at him. That's it. That's what I did."
Powered by WordPress.com VIP