The Red Sox and Yankees will write the latest chapter in their storied rivalry on Friday afternoon, and they'll do so 100 years after the two organizations opened the same Fenway Park field.
In the first professional meeting at the old ballpark the Red Sox beat New York (then the Highlanders) in 11 innings, another page of history in the book of one of the best rivalries in all of sports.
That rivalry has only intensified since, and it remains one of the most competitive to this day. There have been plenty of memorable moments over the years, leading YES Network to compile its top 10.
Here's their list:
10. The Boston Massacre, Takes 1 and 2 (September 1978 and August 2006)
9. The Voice and The Mick Debut (April 17, 1951)
8. The Postseason Rivalry Begins (Oct. 13, 1999)
7. Nobody's Perfect (Sept. 2, 2001)
6. A No-No for Rags (July 4, 1983)
5. "Bucky [Bleeping] Dent" (Oct. 2, 1978)
4. Schilling's Bloody Sock (Oct. 19, 2004)
3. Boone's Bomb (Oct. 16, 2003)
2. Jeter Takes a Seat (July 1, 2004)
1. Sale of the Century (Jan. 3, 1920)
Be sure to check out the entire list by clicking here.