In that case, the Boston Celtics might want to avoid walking around outside with any tall metal objects because their odds of winning the lottery are better than one in 10.
The Celtics will have a 10.3-percent chance at winning the No. 1 overall pick and a 33.4-percent chance of landing a top-three pick in the NBA draft on June 26, according to the lottery tracking website Tankathon.
The Celtics finished the season tied with the Utah Jazz for the fourth-worst record in the NBA, thanks to Boston’s 118-102 loss to the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, coupled with Utah’s 136-130 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Boston and Utah will evenly split the number of lottery digit combinations to determine the top three picks. (The draft lottery only draws for picks one through three; after that, the remaining teams are sorted in ascending order of win total.)
A coin flip will determine who chooses first if neither the Celtics nor the Jazz get a top-three pick.
UPDATE: Check out a list of each lottery team’s chances of getting the No. 1 pick below:
1. Milwaukee Bucks (15-67): 25.0 percent chance for No. 1 pick
2. Philadelphia 76ers (19-63): 19.9 percent
3. Orlando Magic (23-59): 15.6 percent
T-4. Boston Celtics* (25-57): 10.3 percent
T-4. Utah Jazz*(25-57): 10.3 percent
6. Los Angeles Lakers (27-55): 6.3 percent
7. Sacramento Kings (28-54): 4.3 percent
8. Detroit Pistons (29-53): 2.8 percent
9. Cleveland Cavaliers (33-49): 1.7 percent
10. New Orleans Pelicans (34-49): 1.1 percent
11. Denver Nuggets** (36-46): 0.8 percent
12. New York Knicks** (37-45): 0.7 percent
13. Minnesota Timberwolves (40-42): 0.6 percent
14. Phoenix Suns (48-34): 0.5 percent
Powered by WordPress.com VIP