Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson isn’t approaching the 2014 season with a lot of optimism.
After an abysmal 2-14 season, the Texans failed to adequately address their issues at the quarterback position during last week’s NFL draft, instead selecting pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick before selecting QB Tom Savage at No. 135.
The offseason moves have Johnson questioning the direction the franchise is heading and also his future with the team.
Johnson has made it clear that he won’t be participating in organized team activities or the Texans’ mandatory minicamp in June. Although he hasn’t requested a trade, the 32-year-old wondered aloud at a charity event Tuesday, “Is this still the place for me?”
“This offseason has been very frustrating for me,” Johnson said, via the Houston Chronicle.
Johnson, who is entering his 12th season with the Texans, said he talks to team officials weekly, but his frustration with the team’s disappointing seasons in years past and changes at the head-coaching position have him examining if Houston is the best place for the seven-time Pro Bowl receiver.
“I’m just taking some time, thinking about some things,” Johnson said. “You know, when I make my decision, I’ll make my decision and go from there.”
Powered by WordPress.com VIP