Aaron Hernandez left Bristol County jail Wednesday for a facility closer to Boston, but his time in North Dartmouth might not be completely over.
The former New England Patriots tight end was granted a transfer to a Suffolk County jail earlier this week so he could be closer to his lawyers as he awaits his trials. Hernandez is accused of killing semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd in North Attleborough in June 2013 and of killing two men in Boston in June 2012.
The move was just a temporary one, though, according to Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson.
Hodgson told TMZ Sports on Thursday he has “no hard feelings” toward Hernandez, even going so far as to say goodbye to the former NFL star, but he expects to see him back in his jail soon enough.
Hodgson told TMZ Sports that Hernandez likely will be transferred back to Bristol once the Lloyd trail gets underway.
After approving the transfer, Susan Garsh, the judge presiding over the Lloyd case, confirmed that if the case went to trial, Hernandez would be moved back to Bristol County. However, Garsh added that the tentative trial date of Oct. 6 is optimistic, and it is still possible Hernandez’s lawyers could file for a change of venue, so he could be staying put longer than anticipated.
The next hearing is set for Aug. 11.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP