andre johnsonIt appears the Houston Texans won’t have to worry about entering this season without the best receiver in franchise history.

Andre Johnson, who skipped all offseason activities, including the team’s mandatory minicamp, reported to training camp Friday in Houston, according to multiple reports.

Johnson reportedly had been mulling a holdout in hopes of being dealt to a playoff contender, as the Texans, who finished last season 2-14, likely are looking at another rebuilding year.

The team was able to convince Johnson to stick around, however, by giving him an “understanding of where Texans are going and of his own future and security,” a source told NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. Rapoport speculates Johnson will remain in Houston beyond this season.

The wideout remained in contact with new Texans head coach Bill O’Brien throughout the process, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, and O’Brien does not believe Johnson will have any issue learning his new offensive system.

There’s no word yet on whether the sides have reached an agreement on the $1 million workout bonus Johnson lost by missing the team’s offseason activities, but Rapoport did report “no monetary promises” were attached to the receiver’s return.

Johnson caught 109 passes for 1,407 yards and five touchdowns last season. The 33-year-old ranks 17th on the NFL’s all-time receiving list.

UPDATE (12:45 p.m.): Johnson spoke with reporters upon arriving at the Texans’ facility and expressed his desire to get back to work.

“I just love playing the game of football,” he said, via the team’s official website. “I’m going to play football. I don’t plan on walking away from this.”