The Boston Red Sox apparently rolled out the red carpet for free-agent third baseman Pablo Sandoval.

Sandoval visited Boston earlier this week to meet with the Red Sox, who are one of several teams interested in the 28-year-old. The organization left an impression on Sandoval’s agent, Gustavo Vasquez, and his brother, Michael Sandoval.

“The attentiveness they’ve had for us in Boston has been first class,” Vasquez told the Venezuelan radio program “Los Cronistas,” according to USA TODAY.

Sandoval went out to dinner with Red Sox slugger David Ortiz on Monday, a club source told ESPN.com’s Gordon Edes. He reportedly then met with Red Sox officials Tuesday before leaving the following day. Michael Sandoval told Edes his brother was told to expect an offer from Boston but that the third baseman hadn’t received an offer as of Thursday afternoon.

It’s apparent the Red Sox like Sandoval, who has spent the last seven seasons with the San Francisco Giants, winning three World Series titles in the process. He’s young, he’s a switch-hitter and his track record of postseason success suggests he could thrive in a big market like Boston. While Sandoval has flaws, he represents an intriguing fit for a team desperately needing an uptick in production at third base.

The Red Sox undoubtedly have competition for Sandoval, as the Giants, San Diego Padres, Toronto Blue Jays and Chicago White Sox all are rumored to have some level of interest in the two-time All-Star. Perhaps Kung-Fu Panda’s productive visit to Boston could be a determining factor.

Thumbnail photo via Chris Humphreys/USA TODAY Sports Images