16 Spring Training Games
46 Days of Live Coverage from Fort Myers
Special Training Camp Update Show Airs 12 Consecutive Days
NESN, the official home of the Boston Red Sox, will deliver expanded Boston Red Sox Spring Training coverage in 2016 televising 16 Spring Training games, all the network’s sports news programs will be co-anchored daily from Florida, live coverage of manager John Farrell’s mid-day press conferences, and 12 consecutive days of NESN’s training camp update show Red Sox from Fort Myers. NESN will also produce season three of the 24/7 behind-the-scenes show Red Sox All-Access, which will air later in March.
“Off-season acquisitions such as David Price and Craig Kimbrel have helped spur growing excitement for the 2016 Red Sox to take the field,” said Joseph Maar, NESN’s Vice President of Programming and Production, Executive Producer. “Broadcasting the largest number of Sox spring training game telecasts in over a decade, we plan to capture that excitement and share it with fans.”
16 Spring Training Games on NESN
· First Game: NESN’s coverage of 16 Red Sox Spring Training games will begin Monday, February 29 at 1:00 pm with live coverage of the annual exhibition doubleheader against Boston College and Northeastern University.
· Red Sox Foundation Game Night: The spring schedule includes a special Red Sox Foundation Game Night telecast on Tuesday, March 15 at 6:00 pm when the Sox host the New York Yankees. This special game broadcast will see limited commercial interruptions and be preceded by a special show at 5:30 pm that highlights many of the Red Sox Foundation’s charitable partners.
· Two Games in Montreal: NESN’s exhibition coverage will conclude with two games at Olympic Stadium in Montreal against the Toronto Blue Jays on April 1st & 2nd.
· NESN Broadcast Team: Color analyst Jerry Remy (@Jerry_Remy) is scheduled to work all 16 spring training broadcasts as he begins his 29th season on NESN. After 9 seasons on Red Sox radio, new NESN play-by-play announcer Dave O’Brien will work the majority of NESN’s spring training telecasts. Tom Caron (@TomCaron) will fill in during the games that O’Brien misses due to ESPN commitments. Guerin Austin (@GuerinAustin) will continue as the primary Red Sox sideline reporter, alternating with several other NESN reporters during spring training and the regular season.
Daily Coverage from Fort Myers Beginning February 15th
· 3 Daily Sports News Shows: Beginning Monday, February 15 at
5:30 pm, NESN’s regularly scheduled sports news shows, NESN LIVE, NESN Sports Today and NESN Sports Update, will be co-anchored from Fort Myers for 46 consecutive days. NESN’s sports news programming airs up to 8 hours per day in 4 different day-parts (see grid below).
· NESN’s Training Camp Specials: NESN’s Red Sox from Fort Myers specials will debut on Monday, February 15 at 6:00 pm. For 12 consecutive evenings, NESN’s Red Sox host Tom Caron will look ahead at the 2016 season and feature exclusive interviews with coaches and front office executives from JetBlue Park.
· Live Press Conferences: Live coverage of manager John Farrell’s daily press conference will air between Noon and 2:00 pm for the two weeks before spring training games begin. NESN.com will also offer live streaming of these daily press briefings.
NESN’s Regularly Scheduled Sports News Programs
|NESN Sports Update||5:00 am – 9:00 am||20-Minute Rotating Format|
|NESN Sports Update||Noon – 2:00 pm||20-Minute Rotating Format|
|NESN Live||5:30 pm – 6:00 pm||Live|
|NESN Sports Today||10:00 pm – midnight||Live|
Spring Training Coverage Available Nationally
· NESN’s spring training coverage will be available throughout the country on NESN National via digital and sports tiers on AT&T U-Verse/DirecTV, Bright House Networks, Dish Network, Frontier Communications, Summit Broadband and Verizon FiOS. NESN National is also available via Atlantic Broadband in Florida and Time Warner Cable in Kansas/Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, North Carolina and South Carolina. Up to 5 million homes outside New England currently subscribe to a digital or sports tier with NESN National. A complete list of NESN National channel listings can be found here.
NESN’s 2016 Red Sox Spring Training Game Schedule
|Monday, February 29||Boston College (DH)||1:00 PM|
|Monday, February 29||Northeastern (DH)||3:45 PM|
|Thursday, March 3||at Minnesota||7:00 PM +|
|Saturday, March 5||at New York Yankees||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, March 6||Baltimore||1:00 PM|
|Saturday, March 12||Miami||1:00 PM +|
|Sunday, March 13||at Tampa Bay||1:00 PM|
|Tuesday, March 15||New York Yankees (RSF)||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday, March 16||at Minnesota||7:00 PM|
|Saturday, March 19||St. Louis||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, March 20||at New York Mets||1:00 PM|
|Friday, March 25||Pittsburgh||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, March 26||at Baltimore||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, March 27||Philadelphia||3:00 PM|
|Friday, April 1||at Toronto *||7:00 PM +|
|Saturday, April 2||at Toronto *||1:00 PM|
+ = Spring Training games that will air on NESNplus
(RSF) = Red Sox Foundation Game will be preceded by a 30-minute show at 5:30PM
* = Game to be played at Olympic Stadium in Montreal
NESN has consistently been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country with award-winning Red Sox and Bruins coverage. The network is delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and an additional 5 million homes nationally as NESN National on digital and sports tiers in nearly 100 DMAs. Forbes Magazine recently ranked NESN as the 9th Most Valuable Sports Business Brand in the world. NESN.com is the most visited regional sports network website in the country with over 10 million monthly unique visitors. NESN also produces a number of distinctive programs under its umbrella Original NESN Entertainment (ONE). NESN’s social responsibility program, NESN Connects, is proud to support and connect its employees with charitable organizations in their communities. NESN is owned by Fenway Sports Group (owners of the Boston Red Sox) and Delaware North (owners of the Boston Bruins).
Thumbnail photo via Steve Mitchell/USA TODAY Sports Images
Powered by WordPress.com VIP