The timeline for the remainder of the 2019-20 NBA season is coming into focus.
On Friday morning, The Athletic’s Shams Charania shared the dates for the rest of the season.
Sources: NBA's expected restart dates:
– July 30-Aug. 14: Seeding games
– Aug.15-16: Play-in tournaments
– Aug. 17: Playoffs begin
– Aug. 30: Family/guests of teams arrive
– Aug. 31-Sept. 13: Conf. Semifinals
– Sept. 15-Sept. 28: Conf. Finals
– Sept. 30-Oct. 13: NBA Finals
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 12, 2020
Here’s another notable detail, via ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Players traveling outside of the U.S. need to report by June 15 to team markets — rest of players need to arrive by June 22, per sources.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 12, 2020
It’s certainly a unique situation, and the NBA Finals being played out in mid-October — when training camps usually are ramping up — undoubtedly will be unusual. However, it’s clear the league is trying to make the best of a challenging set of circumstances.