Boston Red Sox first baseman Triston Casas won’t rush his return from injury.

Casas suffered a torn left patellar tendon on May 2, and since then, he has been rehabbing. As Boston’s spring training opens, Casas isn’t sure when he will get back into action, as he’s just focused on getting 100 percent healthy.

“I don’t see myself participating with the group, but I will be doing the same activities baseball-wise (as the rest of the team),” Casas said, via MLB.com. “But as of right now, I haven’t had the clearance to get out there and participate with the group, but I will take ground balls and continue to hit at my own pace, without the structure of being in a team workout.”

Although being injured is frustrating, Casas said he’s just trusting the process, as he knows when he’s healthy, he’s an impact first baseman.

“This was a major injury, and I’m a great player, and I don’t find any reason to rush this process. And whenever I feel ready to come back is when I am going to contribute best.”

Story continues below advertisement

Once Casas is healthy, he has full confidence that he will be able to make an impact on the Red Sox lineup.

Yet, Boston did acquire Willson Contreras to play first base, so Casas’ role with the team is uncertain, but he knows that no matter what his role is, he can be effective.

    What do you think?  Leave a comment.

“When I’m healthy, I fit on any team,” said Casas.

Story continues below advertisement

Casas hit .182 with three home runs and 11 RBIs in 99 at-bats last season.

Featured image via Eric Canha/Imagn Images