Farrell will join Red Sox slugger David Ortiz at his Celebrity Golf Classic in the Dominican Republic to support Ortiz’s charitable efforts. Farrell will be managing one of the Red Sox’ AL East foes in 2011, but he still speaks highly of his former club.
Leading up to the event, which takes place Dec. 2-5, NESN.com already has asked a few questions of participants like Dustin Pedroia, Luis Tiant and the host himself. You can see what they had to say by clicking here, but let’s hear what Farrell had to say about the city of Boston and his work with Terry Francona.
1. What will you miss most about the city of Boston?
What’s not to miss — a great city, passionate fans, great ballpark to work in daily!
2. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever heard/seen a Red Sox fan say/do?
There were a number of comments by fans — none able to make public. Probably the fan throwing a slice of pizza on another guy during an April game against the Los Angeles Angels is the funniest thing I saw a Red Sox fan do.
3. Patriots, Bruins or Celtics -– which team did you enjoy seeing live the most?
Celtics. Because of our schedule, games seen were always when they were in the playoffs.
4. What was the best part about working alongside Terry Francona?
The daily interactions — both professional and personal.
5. Which Boston sports team will win the next championship?