As expected, the Celtics sent a lot of game film to the league office on Sunday evening, in the wake of their 99-90 loss to the Heat on Game 1 at American Airlines Arena. And this time, they got results.
After a league concluded a review of all the potential technical and flagrant fouls in Sunday's action, here's a rundown of their rulings:
– Jermaine O'Neal did not commit a flagrant foul when he hit James Jones with a hard shoulder late in the third quarter. His flagrant 1 call his been rescinded.
– Both of the two double technical fouls called against Paul Pierce in the fourth quarter, one with Jones and the other with Dwyane Wade, will stand.
– Jones' technical for the Pierce altercation is rescinded.
– Pierce will not be suspended for his scuffle with Jones in which it appeared he may have headbutted the Heat forward.
– LeBron James will not be suspended for leaving the bench after the second-quarter technical foul called on Delonte West.
Both teams should have their full rosters available for Game 2 on Tuesday night. In the playoffs, that's the way it should be.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP