MONTREAL — Clarke MacArthur scored a power-play goal
14:41 into the third period, and the Buffalo Sabres extended their winning
streak to four with a 4-3 victory over the Montreal Canadiens on Monday night.

MacArthur tucked a rebound inside the right post, giving
Buffalo its third lead of the game.

Patrick Kaleta, who scored twice in Saturday's 3-2 road
win over the New York Rangers, had his second short-handed goal in two games
late in the second to put the Sabres up 2-1. Tim Kennedy's third goal 12:33 into
the third gave Buffalo a short-lived 3-2 lead.

Ryan Miller stopped 21 shots and Andrej Sekera also
scored for the Sabres, who are on an 8-2 run.

Andrei Kostitsyn got his third point of the game 12:51
into the third when he set up Mike Cammalleri's team-leading 18th goal to draw
Montreal even at 3 just 18 seconds after Kennedy scored.

Canadiens backup Jaroslav Halak made 23 saves in his
third start in seven games.

Montreal is on a 0-2-1 skid following a three-game
winning streak.

Kaleta gave the Sabres a 2-1 lead with 59 seconds left in
the second. Sekera drew Buffalo even at 12:58 with his second goal of the season
3 seconds after Montreal's Josh Gorges stepped out of the penalty box. Kaleta took Tim Connolly's set-up pass on a 2-on-1 and
moved to his backhand to put a shot past Halak for his third goal in two games.

Kostitsyn tied it at 2 early in the third with his
second power-play goal of the game, his fourth goal in two games. Kostitsyn got his seventh goal 16:03 into the first, 17
seconds into Montreal's first power-play after Sabres captain Craig Rivet was
penalized for roughing up Maxim Lapierre in the goalmouth. Kostitsyn needed only 10 seconds to convert the
Canadiens' third opportunity with the man advantage after Buffalo was penalized
for too many men 2:26 into the third.

Kaleta scored his first two goals of the season
in consecutive games from Oct. 13-16 and had three overall through his first 26
games. He know has six goals in 28 games. … Sabres LW Adam Mair and Montreal's
Ryan O'Byrne dropped their gloves at center ice as the puck dropped to open the
second. The pair were given fighting majors 3 seconds into the period.