Carmelo Anthony ‘Not Shutting It Down Yet’ Despite Bad Knee, Knicks’ Woes

No matter what the New York Knicks’ latest moves suggest, not everyone on the team is throwing in the towel just yet.

Carmelo Anthony denied reports that he is considering shutting himself down for the rest of the season because of persistent knee soreness. Knicks coach Derek Fisher hinted at the possibility last week, but in a “Uninterrupted” video for Bleacher Report, Anthony said he’s not ready to hang up his sneakers for the winter.

“I’m all right; I’m not shutting it down for the season yet,” Anthony said. “Just trying to take some time to get it right. I know there’s a lot of fans out there that’s kind of upset, kind of down on the team or the players or kind of down on the situation right now, but I will say it will get greater later. Just be patient.”

Anthony has been limited to playing in 30 of New York’s 37 games this season because of the knee soreness. The team shipped guards J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday, prompting The New York Times to seek reader recommendations for a new, less terrible team that their Knicks beat writer can cover.

Thumbnail photo via Nelson Chenault/USA TODAY Sports Images

TMZ logo

© 2018 NESN

Partner of USATODAY Sports Digital Properties