Report: Manny Pacquiao Agrees To Terms For Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

The long-awaited fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. just got one step closer to being a reality.

Pacquiao and his promoter told ESPN.com on Tuesday night that they have agreed to the terms for a May 2 fight with Mayweather.

Mayweather has yet to agree to the terms, and it’s uncertain if he ultimately will.

“Top Rank and Manny have agreed to the terms on our side. I don’t know about the other side,” Top Rank vice president Carl Moretti told ESPN.com.

The Pacquiao camp reportedly has agreed to taking a 40 percent cut of the revenue, allowing Mayweather to take home the other 60 percent. That would still be a pretty nice payday for what would be one of the most anticipated bouts in the long history of the sport.

Pacquiao has a career record of 57-5-2 with 38 knockouts, and Mayweather’s career record stands at 47-0 with 26 wins coming by way of knockout.

Thumbnail photo via Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

TMZ logo

© 2018 NESN

Partner of USATODAY Sports Digital Properties