MIAMI — Chris Bosh’s latest blood-clot scare is over. His quest to rejoin the Miami Heat playoff push is not.
Bosh released a statement Thursday announcing he does not currently have deep vein thrombosis — or blood clots in his leg — and that he remains hopeful of getting back on the court with the Heat at some point this season.
Bosh did not offer any potential timetables for his return. It’s the first time he has said anything remotely specific about his status since Feb. 13, the day after he withdrew from the All-Star Game with what was described as a strained left calf.
“I know there have been many questions regarding my health and when I will play again,” Bosh said. “My situation this year has never been life threatening. I am feeling great and currently I do not have deep vein thrombosis.”
Bosh’s statement did not say if he was still on bloodthinners. A person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press last month that Bosh had started taking them to combat this clot, which was described as relatively small.
The clot found last month was not in any way as severe as the situation Bosh faced last year, when a clot traveled from his calf to his lung and led to him dealing with severe pain and being hospitalized for several days.
“Together with the Miami Heat, I am working with doctors, exploring the best precautionary treatment options and taking every necessary step to make sure I am healthy for myself, my family and my team,” Bosh said. “I have been working out, training with the team, watching film of the games, walking through plays, and have attended home games despite not being visible to the public.”
Thumbnail photo via Jerome Miron/USA TODAY Sports Images
Powered by WordPress.com VIP