TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin has some explaining to do.

Boykin was arrested and charged with a felony early Thursday morning in San Antonio after allegedly assaulting a police officer following a bar fight, according to multiple reports. The arrest comes just days before TCU is scheduled to face Oregon in the Alamo Bowl.

Boykin was spotted fighting with employees and acting aggressive outside of Pat O’Brien’s bar in downtown San Antonio just before 2 a.m., according to a police report. Police say the trouble began when bar patrons recognized Boykin and exchanged words with the quarterback, prompting him to allegedly swing, miss and make contact with a bar employee, according to WOAI-TV in San Antonio.

Boykin, who reportedly was with teammates, fought with employees as things spilled onto the sidewalk, according to the police report. He reportedly then charged officers, at which point the 22-year-old was taken to the ground, where the fight continued until an officer threatened to tase Boykin if he didn’t stop resisting.

Boykin formally was charged with assaulting a public servant — a third-degree felony — and assigned a $5,000 bond, according to reports.

The TCU athletic department issued a statement early Thursday morning.

“We are aware of a situation last night and are gathering information,” the statement read. “We will continue to closely monitor this and evaluate additional details as they become available.”

TCU coach Gary Patterson told ESPN’s Jake Trotter that Boykin was in his room when his coaches did curfew check at midnight but went back out. TCU is scheduled to face Oregon on Saturday.

UPDATE (10:40 a.m.): Boykin has been suspended for Saturday’s Alamo Bowl, TCU coach Gary Patterson said Thursday morning.

“We are disappointed in their actions and apologize to the TCU Horned Frogs Nation, Valero Alamo Bowl and the city of San Antonio,” Patterson said in a prepared statement.

Thumbnail photo via Kevin Jairaj/USA TODAY Sports Images

Thumbnail photo via TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin