NESN.com, one of the top 15 sports websites in the U.S.*, recently launched NESN Fuel, a new digital property focusing on automotive content. NESN Fuel will serve as the car enthusiast?s home for everything automotive, featuring both written and video content on an array of topics including:
Consumer Car Information
· Car industry news, new technology and innovations
· Car buying tips and everyday advice for car owners
· Previews of new models
· NASCAR, Open Wheel Racing (Formula One, IndyCar) and other news
· Restorations, street modifications and other classic car news
· Announcements and reviews on games, movies, TV shows and other entertainment related to cars
?The national success and growth of NESN.com has given us confidence to expand our digital portfolio and expertise,? said Sean McGrail, NESN?s President and CEO. ?We hope this site will be a one-stop destination for car enthusiasts, hobbyists and race fans.?
?We see NESN Fuel as a great opportunity to continue to grow NESN?s digital presence,? said Michael R. Hall, NESN?s Senior Vice President of Digital. ?Automotive fans are just as passionate about their favorite cars as sports fans are about their favorite teams. We plan to take what we have learned serving sports fans at NESN.com and apply these lessons to serve car aficionados with NESN Fuel,? Hall added.
NESN Fuel will have its own dedicated staff writers and producers. This week NESNFuel.com has three editorial staff members in Daytona Beach, Florida, to cover the beginning of the NASCAR season at the Daytona 500.
NESN.com is a division of NESN, New England?s most watched sports network, the television home of the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins.
* NESN.com averaged 10.7 million unique visitors in January 2016, which ranked 13th in comScore?s sports vertical. NESN.com also ranked 13th among all sports websites nationally in 2015, averaging 8.4 million monthly unique visitors. (Source: comScore Media Metrix Multi-Platform ? U.S. only).
Founded in 1984, NESN has consistently been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country with award-winning Red Sox and Bruins coverage. The network is delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and an additional 5 million homes nationally as NESN National on digital and sports tiers in nearly 100 DMAs. Forbes Magazine recently ranked NESN as the 9th Most Valuable Sports Business Brand in the world. NESN.com is the most visited regional sports network website in the country with over 10 million monthly unique visitors. NESN also produces a number of distinctive programs under its umbrella Original NESN Entertainment (ONE). NESN?s social responsibility program, NESN Connects, is proud to support and connect its employees with charitable organizations in their communities. NESN is owned by Fenway Sports Group (owners of the Boston Red Sox) and Delaware North (owners of the Boston Bruins).