The 2016 NBA Draft Lottery takes place Tuesday night, and it will be a franchise-changing event for many of the teams involved.
One interesting wrinkle to this year’s lottery is the presence of three marquee teams hoping to rise back to elite status. Those clubs are the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers. They have the top three odds to win the No. 1 pick, but each of them hasn’t owned the top selection in at least 20 years.
Philly last picked No. 1 in 1996 (Allen Iverson), while Los Angeles’ last time was 1982 (James Worthy) and Boston’s was 1950 (Charlie Share).
Here’s our pre-draft lottery NBA mock draft:
1) Philadelphia 76ers: Ben Simmons, F, LSU
2) Los Angeles Lakers: Brandon Ingram, F, Duke
3) Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn Nets): Dragan Bender, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv
4) Phoenix Suns: Buddy Hield, G, Oklahoma
5) Minnesota Timberwolves: Jamal Murray, G, Kentucky
6) New Orleans Pelicans: Jaylen Brown, F, California
7) Denver Nuggets (via New York Knicks): Kris Dunn, G, Providence
8) Sacramento Kings: Domontas Sabonis, C, Gonzaga
9) Toronto Raptors (via Denver Nuggets): Demetrius Jackson, G, Notre Dame
10) Milwaukee Bucks: Henry Ellenson, F, Marquette
11) Orlando Magic: Malik Beasley, G, Florida State
12) Utah Jazz: Deyonta Davis, PF, Michigan State
13) Phoenix Suns (via Washington Wizards): Denzel Valentine, F, Michigan State
14) Chicago Bulls: Marquese Chriss, F, Washington
Thumbnail photo via Christopher Hanewinckel/USA TODAY Sports Images