The Philadelphia 76ers won the 2016 NBA Draft Lottery on Tuesday night and will pick No. 1 in next month’s draft. The Los Angeles Lakers won the second pick, while the Boston Celtics slotted third.
The consensus top two players in this year’s draft class are LSU forward Ben Simmons and Duke forward Brandon Ingram. They almost certainly will be the first two players taken, but after that, the top 14 could unfold in any number of ways. It mostly will depend on team need and the willingness to take a gamble on high-risk, high-reward prospects.
Now that we know the order of the first 14 picks, here’s our post-lottery NBA mock draft:
1) Philadelphia 76ers: Ben Simmons, F, LSU
2) Los Angeles Lakers: Brandon Ingram, F, Duke
3) Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn Nets): Buddy Hield, G, Oklahoma
4) Phoenix Suns: Dragan Bender, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv
5) Minnesota Timberwolves: Jamal Murray, G, Kentucky
6) New Orleans Pelicans: Jaylen Brown, F, California
7) Denver Nuggets (via New York Knicks): Kris Dunn, G, Providence
8) Sacramento Kings: Domantas Sabonis, C, Gonzaga
9) Toronto Raptors (via Denver Nuggets): Jakob Poeltl, C, Austria
10) Milwaukee Bucks: Furkan Korkmaz, SG, Turkey
11) Orlando Magic: Malik Beasley, G, Florida State
12) Utah Jazz: Deyonta Davis, PF, Michigan State
13) Phoenix Suns (via Washington Wizards): Demetrius Jackson, G, Notre Dame
14) Chicago Bulls: Marquese Chriss, F, Washington
Thumbnail photo via Gunnar Rathbun/USA TODAY Sports Images
Thumbnail photo via LSU Tigers forward Ben Simmons (25) reacts after committing a foul in the first half of a game with the Arkansas Razorbacks at Bud Walton Arena.