Following are complete fantasy football rankings based on this week's matchups for all the major positions (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, team defense). They are based on a combined yardage/scoring system (four points for a passing touchdown, six points for a rushing/receiving touchdown, one point for every 25 passing yards, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards).
Last Updated: 9/9
Next Updated: 9/12
* = check status
1. Drew Brees, NO vs DET
2. Tom Brady, NE vs BUF
3. Aaron Rodgers, GB vs CHI: He was letter-perfect in preseason.
4. Peyton Manning, IND vs JAC
5. Kurt Warner, ARI vs SF
6. Jay Cutler, CHI at GB: He'll make his receivers better than they are.
7. Matt Hasselbeck, SEA vs STL
8. *Matt Schaub, HOU vs NYJ
9. Matt Ryan, ATL vs MIA: Not on the initial injury report.
10. Tony Romo, DAL at TB
11. Donovan McNabb, PHI at CAR
12. Carson Palmer, CIN vs DEN
13. Philip Rivers, SD at OAK: How much will he be needed here?
14. David Garrard, JAC at IND
15. Shaun Hill, SF at ARI
16. Ben Roethlisberger, PIT vs TEN
17. Eli Manning, NYG vs WAS
18. *Kyle Orton, DEN at CIN: Denver fans will miss Cutler, Shanahan.
19. Jake Delhomme, CAR vs PHI
20. Trent Edwards, BUF at NE
21. Joe Flacco, BAL vs KC
22. Brett Favre, MIN at CLE
23. Byron Leftwich, TB vs DAL
24. *Brady Quinn, CLE vs MIN: All signs point to him starting over Anderson.
25. Chad Pennington, MIA at ATL
26. Jason Campbell, WAS at NYG
27. JaMarcus Russell, OAK vs SD
28. *Marc Bulger, STL at SEA
29. Mark Sanchez, NYJ at HOU
30. Matthew Stafford, DET at NO
31. Kerry Collins, TEN at PIT
32. *Cassel/Thigpen, KC at BAL: Either way, this is a nightmare matchup.
1. Adrian Peterson, MIN at CLE
2. Matt Forte, CHI at GB
3. Michael Turner, ATL vs MIA
4. LaDainian Tomlinson, SD at OAK: This sort of matchup will mask the slippage.
5. DeAngelo Williams, CAR vs PHI
6. *Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC at IND
7. Frank Gore, SF at ARI
8. Steven Jackson, STL at SEA
9. Steve Slaton, HOU vs NYJ: Will he keep the goal-line work?
10. Brian Westbrook, PHI at CAR
11. Cedric Benson, CIN vs DEN: He'll get enough work to be relevant.
12. Kevin Smith, DET at NO
13. Ryan Grant, GB vs CHI
14. Ray Rice, BAL vs KC: Dream matchup but could be pulled at the goal.
15. Brandon Jacobs, NYG vs WAS
16. Ronnie Brown, MIA at ATL
17. Chris Johnson, TEN at PIT
18. Marion Barber, DAL at TB: How many touches will Felix Jones steal away?
19. *Mike Bell, NO vs DET: Pierre Thomas unlikely to go.
20. Reggie Bush, NO vs DET
21. Willie Parker, PIT vs TEN: For now, the all-purpose guy.
22. Clinton Portis, WAS at NYG
23. Thomas Jones, NYJ at HOU
24. Julius Jones, SEA vs STL
25. Joseph Addai, IND vs JAC
26. Darren McFadden, OAK vs SD: Nifty pass-catcher but not a great inside runner.
27. Fred Jackson, BUF at NE
28. Tim Hightower, ARI vs SF
29. Fred Taylor, NE vs BUF: So many backs here, it's just a guessing game.
30. Larry Johnson, KC at BAL
31. Darren Sproles, SD at OAK
32. Leon Washington, NYJ at HOU: Time to keep the promise, Jets.
33. Felix Jones, DAL at TB
34. Willis McGahee, BAL vs KC
35. Chris Wells, ARI vs SF: Transition won't happen overnight.
36. Knowshon Moreno, DEN at CIN
37. Chester Taylor, MIN at CLE
38. *Derrick Ward, TB vs DAL
39. Jamal Lewis, CLE vs MIN: Don't look back, they're gaining on you.
40. Cadillac Williams, TB vs DAL: The starter on paper, but there's three bodies here.
41. Jerious Norwood, ATL vs MIA
42. Correll Buckhalter, DEN at CIN
43. Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG vs WAS
44. Kevin Faulk, NE vs BUF: Veteran is trusted in third-down role.
45. Ricky Williams, MIA at ATL
44. Laurence Maroney, NE vs BUF
47. LeSean McCoy, PHI at CAR
48. LeRon McClain, BAL vs KC
49. LenDale White, TEN at PIT: Falls forward pretty well, but that's it.
50. Edgerrin James, SEA vs STL
51. Donald Brown, IND vs JAC
52. Earnest Graham, TB vs DAL
53. Chris Brown, HOU vs NYJ: Possible goal-line vulture.
54. Jamaal Charles, KC at BAL
55. Peyton Hillis, DEN at CIN
56. Jonathan Stewart, CAR vs PHI
57. Xavier Omon, BUF at NE
58. Ladell Betts, WAS at NYG
59. Sammy Morris, NE vs BUF
60. Bernard Scott, CIN vs DEN: He'll push Benson from Day 1.
61. Rashard Mendenhall, PIT vs TEN
62. James Davis, CLE vs MIN
63. Jerome Harrison, CLE vs MIN
64. Glen Coffee, SF at ARI
65. Justin Forsett, SEA vs STL
66. *Pierre Thomas, NO vs. DET: Not expected to dress.
1. Randy Moss, NE vs BUF: A 15-TD season looks like his floor.
2. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI vs SF
3. Andre Johnson, HOU vs NYJ
4. Calvin Johnson, DET at NO
5. Roddy White, ATL vs MIA
6. Steve Smith, CAR vs PHI
7. *Greg Jennings, GB vs CHI
8. Chad Ochocinco, CIN vs DEN: Got his mojo back this summer.
9. Reggie Wayne, IND vs JAC
10. Marques Colston, NO vs DET
11. Eddie Royal, DEN at CIN: He'll be the Welker in this offense.
12. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, SEA vs STL
13. *Anquan Boldin, ARI vs SF
14. Wes Welker, NE vs BUF
15. Anthony Gonzalez, IND vs JAC: The setup is too good for him to fail.
16. Braylon Edwards, CLE vs MIN
17. DeSean Jackson, PHI at CAR: Dangerous weapon, but is he a true No. 1?
18. Devin Hester, CHI at GB
19. *Dwayne Bowe, KC at BAL: Didn't get off to a fast start with new regime.
20. Derrick Mason, BAL vs KC
21. Antonio Bryant, TB vs DAL
22. Terrell Owens, BUF at NE
23. Lance Moore, NO vs DET: Not a special talent but Brees will find him.
24. Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ at HOU
25. Santonio Holmes, PIT vs TEN
26. Roy Williams, DAL at TB
27. Bernard Berrian, MIN at CLE
28. Vincent Jackson, SD at OAK
29. Josh Morgan, SF at ARI: By default, the No. 1 here.
30. Hines Ward, PIT vs TEN
31. Torry Holt, JAC at IND
32. Donnie Avery, STL at SEA: Quick healer, forced to be featured target.
33. Chris Henry, CIN vs DEN
34. Santana Moss, WAS at NYG
35. Nate Burleson, SEA vs STL
36. Laveranues Coles, CIN vs DEN
37. Justin Gage, TEN at PIT
38. *Brandon Marshall, DEN at CIN: Now they're talking extension? Don't draft crazy.
39. *Kevin Walter, HOU vs NYJ
40. Donald Driver, GB vs CHI
41. Lee Evans, BUF at NE
42. Domenik Hixon, NYG vs WAS
43. Ted Ginn, MIA at ATL: Eventually some long catches will turn into scores.
44. Steve Breaston, ARI vs SF
45. Earl Bennett, CHI at GB: Had a year of Vanberbilt experience with Cutler.
46. *Mark Clayton, BAL vs KC
47. Percy Harvin, MIN at CLE: Ridiculous skills but will this team use him right?
48. Michael Jenkins, ATL vs MIA
49. Steve Smith, NYG vs WAS
50. Muhsin Muhammad, CAR vs PHI
51. Chris Chambers, SD at OAK
52. Isaac Bruce, SF at ARI: Circus leaves town for everyone eventually.
53. Davone Bess, MIA at ATL
54. Robert Meachem, NO vs DET
55. Laurent Robinson, STL at SEA: A starter, so he has value.
56. Josh Cribbs, CLE vs MIN
57. Hakeem Nicks, NYG vs WAS
58. Kenny Britt, TEN at PIT: With Washington nicked up he's needed now.
59. Bryant Johnson, DET at NO
60. Limas Sweed, PIT vs TEN
61. Malcolm Kelly, WAS at NYG: Strong camp earned him a starting role.
62. Jason Avant, PHI at CAR: They like him more than you think.
63. *Greg Camarillo, MIA at ATL
64. Joey Galloway, NE vs BUF
65. Sidney Rice, MIN at CLE: Mad skills but so many are in front of him here.
66. Darrius Heyward-Bey, OAK vs SD
67. Chansi Stuckey, NYJ at HOU
68. Jeremy Maclin, PHI at CAR
69. Troy Williamson, JAC at IND
70. Patrick Crayton, DAL at TB
71. Mike Furrey, CLE vs MIN
72. Javon Walker, OAK vs SD
73. Mike Sims-Walker, JAC at IND: Will a hyphen help him stay healthy?
74. Devery Henderson, NO vs DET
75. Mark Bradley, KC at BAL
76. Deon Butler, SEA vs STL
77. Malcom Floyd, SD at OAK
78. Michael Clayton, TB vs DAL
1. Antonio Gates, SD at OAK: The ultimate freak at this position.
2. Jason Witten, DAL at TB
3. Tony Gonzalez, ATL vs MIA
4. Dallas Clark, IND vs JAC: Mr. Red Zone the last two years.
5. Greg Olsen, CHI at GB: He'll be a star by 2010 at latest.
6. Zach Miller, OAK vs SD
7. John Carlson, SEA vs STL
8. Kellen Winslow, TB vs DAL
9. Chris Cooley, WAS at NYG: Should get more red-zone work this year.
10. Dustin Keller, NYJ at HOU
11. Owen Daniels, HOU vs NYJ
12. Todd Heap, BAL vs KC
13. Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN at CLE
14. Jeremy Shockey, NO vs DET
15. Anthony Fasano, MIA at ATL
16. Jermichael Finley, GB vs CHI: Lots of upside here.
17. Tony Scheffler, DEN at CIN
18. Chris Baker, NE vs BUF: Brady loves his tight ends at the goal.
19. Brent Celek, PHI at CAR
20. Heath Miller, PIT vs TEN
21. Bo Scaife, TEN at PIT
22. Vernon Davis, SF at ARI
23. Randy McMichael, STL at SEA
24. Kevin Boss, NYG vs WAS
25. Desmond Clark, CHI at GB: The clear No. 2 now.
26. Donald Lee, GB vs CHI
27. Robert Royal, CLE vs MIN
28. Marcedes Lewis, JAC at IND
29. Brandon Pettigrew, DET at NO
30. Ben Watson, NE vs BUF
1. Nate Kaeding, SD at OAK
2. John Carney, NO vs DET: When in doubt, go where the points are.
3. Stephen Gostkowski, NE vs BUF
4. Neil Rackers, ARI vs SF
5. Mason Crosby, GB vs CHI
6. Ryan Longwell, MIN at CLE
7. Adam Vinatieri, IND vs JAC
8. Steve Hauschka, BAL vs KC: Finally, someone beats out Stover.
9. Olindo Mare, SEA vs STL
10. Shayne Graham, CIN vs DEN
11. Kris Brown, HOU vs NYJ
12. Jason Elam, ATL vs MIA
13. Nick Folk, DAL at TB: Is he recovered fully from hip surgery?
14. John Kasay, CAR vs PHI
15. Jeff Reed, PIT vs TEN
16. Robbie Gould, CHI at GB
17. Josh Scobee, JAC at IND
18. David Akers, PHI at CAR
19. Joe Nedney, SF at ARI
20. Rob Bironas, TEN at PIT: Not the stadium to get your kicking points.
21. Lawrence Tynes, NYG vs WAS
22. Matt Prater, DEN at CIN
23. Mike Nugent, TB vs DAL
24. Rian Lindell, BUF at NE
25. Josh Brown, STL at SEA
26. Jay Feely, NYJ at HOU
27. Dan Carpenter, MIA at ATL
28. Phil Dawson, CLE vs MIN
29. Jason Hanson, DET at NO
30. Shaun Suisham, WAS at NYG
31. Sebastian Janikowski, OAK vs SD
32. Ryan Succop, KC at BAL
1. Baltimore vs. Kansas City: Watch out, they smell blood.
2. Minnesota at Cleveland
3. Pittsburgh vs. Tennessee
4. San Diego at Oakland: Schedule won't let this defense fail.
5. New York Giants vs. Washington
6. New England vs. Buffalo
7. Dallas at Tampa Bay: When in doubt, follow the sacks (59 last year).
8. New Orleans vs. Detroit: New scheme, rookie QB to tee off on.
9. Seattle vs. St. Louis
10. Tennessee at Pittsburgh
11. Houston vs. New York Jets
12. Cincinnati vs. Denver: They're a lot better on defense than you think.
13. Indianapolis vs. Jacksonville
14. Green Bay vs. Chicago
15. Philadelphia at Carolina
16. Arizona vs. San Francisco
17. Atlanta vs. Miami
18. Carolina vs. Philadelphia: Julius Peppers, the ultimate enigma.
19. New York Jets at Houston
20. Chicago at Green Bay
21. San Francisco at Arizona
22. Washington at New York Giants
23. Miami at Atlanta
24. Tampa Bay vs. Dallas: Name brand has finally worn off.
25. Denver at Cincinnati
26. Cleveland vs. Minnesota
27. St. Louis at Seattle
28. Kansas City at Baltimore
29. Jacksonville at Indianapolis
30. Oakland vs. San Diego
31. Buffalo at New England
32. Detroit at New Orleans