The 2010 Red Sox season did not end the way Boston wanted, but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t anything to celebrate.
The Red Sox played some memorable games over their 162-game schedule. We have narrowed the list down to the eight best Red Sox games of 2010 that aired on NESN.
- Opening Day comeback win over the Yankees, April 4 at Fenway Park
- Darnell McDonald playing hero against the Rangers in his Red Sox debut, April 20 at Fenway Park
- Jeremy Hermida capping a big come-from-behind win over the Yankees, May 18 at Yankee Stadium
- Dustin Pedroia hitting three home runs in a 13-11 win over the Rockies, June 24 at Coors Field
- Kevin Youkilis leading the charge to an 11th-inning win over the Rangers, July 17 at Fenway Park
- Mike Lowell homering in his return from the disabled list against the Indians, Aug. 3 at Fenway Park
- Jon Lester, Daniel Bard and Jonathan Papelbon shutting down the Yankees in a pitcher’s duel, Aug. 9 at Yankee Stadium
- Jed Lowrie hitting an 11th-inning walk-off home run against the Blue Jays, Aug. 21 at Fenway Park
Now, it’s up to you to determine which game was the 2010 Red Sox game of year.
We have built a tournament-style bracket. Similar to the NCAA?s March Madness bracket, each game will go head-to-head against another game until only one game is left standing.
Vote for your choice on NESN.com, and follow the voting on NESN.com.
The best 2010 Red Sox game that aired on NESN will be broadcast on NESN on Monday, Feb. 21, at 7 p.m. ET.