Don?t bank on Randy Moss joining the Seattle Seahawks anytime soon.
Moss last week confirmed a report by FOX Sports? Jay Glazer that said the Seahawks reached out to the seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll refuted the claim Wednesday.
?Thanks for asking that,? Carroll told reporters Wednesday. ?That never happened. That never happened. Nobody asked that question, and, you know, that?s never happened.?
Moss, now an analyst for FOX Sports, last played for the San Francisco 49ers in 2012. He had 28 catches for 434 yards and three touchdowns. The 37-year-old last made a real impact in 2009, when he caught 83 passes for 1,264 yards and 13 touchdowns with the New England Patriots.
Even if Seattle never reached out to Moss, it?s still possible the Seahawks heard from at least one aging wide receiver.
?I won?t say that I didn?t get a call from T.O., though,? Carroll said with a laugh.
Terrell Owens is turning 41 in December and hasn?t played in the NFL since 2010. Maybe the Seahawks should reconsider their stance on Moss.
Photo via Matthew Emmons/USA TODAY Sports Images