Ortiz said Friday that he is still not working out normally, according to Peter Abraham of The Boston Globe.
“At this point, not yet,” Ortiz said. “Very soon.”
Ortiz was optimistic that he would be ready in February, when position players return, but was still noncommittal.
“I hope so. Hopefully,” he said.
While Abraham reports that Ortiz’s offseason regimen isn’t necessarily off-track — he usually starts hitting again in January — the injury has taken longer to heal than anyone would like. Ortiz was originally hoping to jump back into the lineup last summer after a trip to the 15-day disabled list. After a short return, though, he re-aggravated the injury. He spent the rest of the season recovering and trying various treatments.
Ortiz, who was about the only hitter who was consistently on track for Boston last year, recently signed a two-year deal with the Red Sox.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP