Report: Richie Incognito Suspension Lifted; Return To Dolphins Unlikely

Offensive lineman Richie Incognito is no longer under suspension from the NFL, the Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero reported Tuesday.

Incognito, who was suspended on Nov. 3 in connection with the league’s investigation into bullying claims made by Miami Dolphins teammate Jonathan Martin, will become an unrestricted free agent in March and is not expected to return to the Dolphins.

The report about the lifting of the suspension came one day after The Big Lead released more than 1,000 text messages between Incognito and Martin that paint a much different picture of their relationship than the one Martin previously described. It’s not clear, however, whether these two events are related.

Incognito appeared to confirm that his suspension had been lifted in a tweet Tuesday afternoon. He also sent a tweet pledging his support for Martin, who told NBC last week that he hopes to return to the NFL.

NFL investigator Ted Wells has yet to release his findings, which the league said will be made public.

Yardbarker

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 185,291 other followers