1. INTRODUCTION: The Signs of Fenway Contest ("Contest") will take place at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts during the Boston Red Sox vs. Texas Rangers game on September 4, 2011.
2. PURPOSE OF COMPETITION: To celebrate the creativity and passion of Red Sox fans through a sign making contest at Fenway Park.
3. ELIGIBILITY: All valid ticket holders who reside in the United States (one of the fifty states or Washington, D.C.) in attendance at the Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park on September 4, 2011 are eligible to participate. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Employees of the Boston Red Sox Baseball Club Limited Partnership, New England Sports Network (NESN) and each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Contest, and the immediate family members or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Fans who wish to participate (“participants”) can create their own sign on poster paper and bring it to Fenway Park on September 4, 2011. Alternatively, participants may make a sign at one of the poster sign making stations located in and around the concourse areas of Fenway Park before or during the game on September 4, 2011 prior to the 6th inning, while supplies last. Signs must be no larger than 2’ by 3’ in size, must not be attached to a pole or other object, and must be capable of being folded (or rolled) and able to be stored at participating fan’s seat. The sign must be the original creation of the fan(s) holding it. Signs should be displayed by participants between innings when NESN’s cameras will randomly scan those areas of Fenway Park that are generally visible to camera locations for NESN television broadcasts in search of signs. Signs should not be displayed in any manner that disrupts another fan’s enjoyment of the game while it is being played.
5. WINNER SELECTION: NESN’s broadcast team of Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy, with help from the NESN production crew, will judge the signs that are found by NESN’s cameras between innings during the first 6 innings of the game. Judging will be based on the following criteria in the sole discretion of the NESN review team:
1) How creative is the sign (50%)? and
2) How original is the sign (50%)?
Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified from the Contest, as determined by NESN in its sole discretion.
6. SIGN REQUIREMENTS: By entering into the Contest, the participant agrees and represents that all sign content is the original work of the participant(s) and does not contain or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, logos of any third party person or entity or otherwise infringe upon any third party person’s or entity’s rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property. The sign must not, in the sole and unfettered judgment of NESN, contain any person’s name, likeness, photograph or personal information without the permission of that person, and must not contain sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content or nudity.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be visited at his or her seat by a member of NESN’s production team and is required to be present in his or her seat at the time of NESN’s production team’s visit in order to be eligible to win the Contest. The potential winner (or a parent or legal guardian if the potential winner is a minor) will be asked to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release form before accepting the prize. Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in the event the potential winner is not in his or her seat at the time of NESN’s visit or in the event of his or her failure or refusal to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release.
8. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One winner will be invited to visit to the NESN broadcast booth during the game on September 4, 2011 in either the 7th, 8th or 9th inning, as determined by NESN, and will be recognized live on the air by NESN’s broadcast team during such time. Additionally, NESN shall use reasonable efforts to cause the presentation to be simulcast within Fenway Park on the HD boards during such time. The Grand Prize will include four (4) regular season game tickets to a future game at Fenway Park in either the 2011 or 2012 season for the winner and three (3) companions, an opportunity for the winner and his or her companions to visit NESN’s Yawkey Way stage before the start of the baseball game (weather permitting), take a tour of NESN’s Watertown studio, participate in a meet and greet opportunity with a Boston Red Sox player and enjoy a lunch or dinner meal which shall be hosted by two (2) representatives from the Boston Red Sox Baseball Club. All elements of the prize must be scheduled on the sa
me day. The date of the game, location and date of the dinner, seat location(s) and identity of the Boston Red Sox player and representatives shall be subject to availability, weather conditions as determined in the sole judgment of the Boston Red Sox Baseball Club and NESN. Approximate retail value of prize is $575.00. TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE GAME, NESN’S STUDIO, DINNER AND LODGING IS NOT INCLUDED. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries and the ability and frequency of the fan to have his or sign videotaped by NESN cameras and displayed on NESN.
9. GENERAL RULES: The Contest is governed by and subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest and/or acceptance of prize, winner gives the Sponsor the right to videotape, record, broadcast, photograph and publish the winners' sign and use this image in any way, in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity and without consideration to winner or other identifiable persons depicted or connected with the sign. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the prize, participants and the winner agree to hold the Boston Red Sox Baseball Club, NESN, Major League Baseball, and each of their respective parents, affiliates and each of their directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of winning (or not winning) the prize and use and/or non- use of the prize. Participants and winner assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use/redemption of the prize. Participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
10. WINNER'S NAME: Go to NESN.com to view winner's name. Winner's name will be posted after the winner has been selected on or about September 4, 2011.
11. SPONSOR’S NAME: Boston Red Sox Baseball Club and NESN.
12. TAXES: All federal, state and local income taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP