Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson has skipped both voluntary workouts and mandatory minicamp so far during the offseason, and he might not return to the field anytime soon.
Johnson, who turns 33 on Friday, has voiced his concerns with the Texans regarding the team’s direction and now has said that he’s uncertain if he’ll even play Week 1 of the NFL’s regular season.
“I don’t know, I can’t answer that question,” Johnson told NFL Network.
One of Johnson’s biggest issues is Houston’s quarterback situation. The Texans traded Matt Schaub to the Oakland Raiders in March and likely will start either Ryan Fitzpatrick or Case Keenum under center to begin the season.
Johnson still reserves the right to change his mind about playing, though.
“I just choose not to talk publicly about it,” Johnson said. “It’s in-house, and that’s the way I choose to keep it. I’m not a big media guy, so I won’t — you know, I refuse to talk about it. Training camp’s a few weeks away, so we’ll see what happens.”
Johnson has 12,661 receiving yards and 61 touchdowns in his 11-year career, as well as seven Pro Bowl selections.
Photo via Twitter/@Sportsnaut
Powered by WordPress.com VIP