Aaron Rodgers, Influenced By Tom Brady, Focused On Eating Healthier

1,954
Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

Photo via New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers is trading in the Girl Scout cookies for avocado ice cream.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback is paying more attention to his diet, he told ESPN.com, taking a page out of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s playbook.

“I think it is all about finding ways to challenge yourself. And one area I’ve really focused on is working with (Packers director of performance nutrition Adam Korzun) with my nutrition, and really thinking hard about that,” Rodgers said, per ESPN.com.

“We’ve talked about it the last few years, but even more this year — just trying to be smart about my eating habits.”

For Rodgers, that means getting away from his own “80/20″ diet, where he tried to make sure 80 percent of his diet was healthy, with the other 20 percent, not so much. That’s a thing of the past now, though.

“To be honest, Tom Brady is an influencer there because of the stuff he talks about, and how healthy he is,” Rodgers admitted to ESPN.com.

Brady’s diet, like everything related to the championship quarterback, has received plenty of attention in the last year or so. The normally reserved Brady talks to anyone who’s willing to listen about eating right and living healthy and even released a “nutrition manual” for the masses to buy.

No word on whether Rodgers was one of the lucky few to snag one of those before they sold out, though.

Thumbnail photo via David Butler II/USA TODAY Sports Images

TMZ logo

© 2018 NESN

Partner of USATODAY Sports Digital Properties