AFC Playoff Picture: Patriots Move Up In Standings With Browns Beatdown

New England is in sixth place

by

November 15, 2021

The New England Patriots on Sunday continued their surge up the AFC standings.

With their 45-7 beatdown of the Cleveland Browns, the Patriots moved up from seventh to sixth in the conference. They remain a half-game behind the Buffalo Bills, who beat the New York Jets on Sunday, for first place in the AFC East.

What was true last week still is true: If the season were to end today, New England would visit the Baltimore Ravens on wild-card weekend.

Here are the current NFL wild-card weekend matchups:

— No. 2 Bills vs. No. 7 Chargers
No. 3 Ravens vs. No. 6 Patriots
— No. 4 Chiefs vs. No. 5 Steelers
— No. 2 Cardinals vs. No. 7 Panthers
— No. 3 Cowboys vs. No. 6 Saints
— No. 4 Buccaneers vs. No. 5 Rams

And here are the updated AFC standings, including records:

1. Tennessee Titans (8-2)
2. Buffalo Bills (6-3)
3. Baltimore Ravens (6-3)
4. Kansas City Chiefs (6-4)
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3-1)
6. New England Patriots (6-4)
7. Los Angeles Chargers (5-4)
8. Cincinnati Bengals (5-4)
9. Las Vegas Raiders (5-4)
10. Indianapolis Colts (5-5)
11. Cleveland Browns (5-5)
12. Denver Broncos (5-5)
13. Miami Dolphins (3-5)
14. New York Jets (2-7)
15. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-7)
16. Houston Texans (1-8)

New England’s overall playoff odds significantly increased with its performance Sunday.

The Patriots now have a 74% chance of qualifying for the postseason and a 26% chance of winning the division, per FiveThirtyEight. They currently have a 4% chance of winning Super Bowl LVI — ninth-highest in the NFL.

New England will look to make it five wins in a row when it visits the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night.

Boston Red Sox outfielder Kyle Schwarber
Previous Article

MLB Rumors: Kyle Schwarber (Unsurprisingly) Drawing Lots Of Interest

New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones (10)
Next Article

Mac Jones Surpassed This Drew Bledsoe Feat In Patriots-Browns

Picked For You