CR7 stunned the soccer world after claiming he was left saddened by a “professional issue” at Real Madrid after he refused to celebrate his two goals in Sunday’s 3-0 win over Granada.
Speculation has raged as to what Ronaldo meant or what his motives were, and his agent has since released a statement to clarify his and the player’s position.
“Following [Monday’s] reports published by some media outlets, which claim that I have been surprised and bothered by the statements made by Cristiano Ronaldo, I clarify the following,” he wrote.
“Firstly, Ronaldo’s declarations are based on reasons that are the best of my knowledge. It is at the discretion of Cristiano whether he discloses them or not. Secondly, these statements have not surprised me and, much less, caused me any discomfort. The relationship that binds me to Cristiano Ronaldo means he will always count on me with total solidarity.”
Also, former Portugese star Paulo Futre dismissed the idea that Ronaldo was motivated by money, instead claiming CR7 was unhappy due to the possible lack of support following his failure to win the 2011 Ballon d’Or.
“I left Madrid this morning and the radios [in Spain] are crazy,” he told reporters. “They say Ronaldo said what he said because he wants to renew his contract and make more money, but I don’t believe that. He did not win the Ballon d’Or last year and, perhaps, he did not feel the full support of his club.”
For more sports news, visit Terra.com.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP